Universal Audio UAD-2 OCTO Core - DSP Accelerator Card
The Universal Audio UAD-2 OCTO Core DSP Accelerator is Universal Audio’s most powerful PCIe processing card, giving producers and engineers massive power for running award-winning UAD plug-ins on Mac or PC. In creating UAD plug-ins, UA’s DSP engineers work with the original hardware manufacturers — using their exact schematics, golden units, and experienced ears — to create fully authenticated plug-ins with all the warmth and harmonics of classic analog equipment.
The UAD-2 OCTO Core features eight SHARC processors, and easily installs into a PCIe-equipped desktop computer or compatible expansion chassis (PCIe or Thunderbolt), giving your workstation a significant boost in audio quality and mix processing power.
The UAD-2 OCTO Core includes UA’s "Analog Classics" plug-in bundle, and provides access to popular UAD plug-in titles. Fully Mac and Windows 7-compatible, the UAD-2 OCTO Core is easy to use. Just install the software, install the PCIe card, and start mixing with some of the world’s finest audio plug-ins.
- Flagship eight-processor DSP Accelerator Card (PCIe format) compatible with Intel-based Macs and Windows 7 PCs
- Provides access to award-winning UAD Powered Plug-Ins library
- Ideal for professional power-users running demanding projects w/ high plug-in instances and/or high sample rates
- Compatible with Pro Tools, Logic Pro, Cubase, Live, and more
- Includes “Analog Classics” plug-in bundle, featuring Legacy editions of the LA-2A Classic Audio Leveler, 1176LN / 1176SE Classic Limiting Amplifier, Pultec EQP-1A, Pultec Pro, and RealVerb Pro plug-ins
- Can be combined with other UAD-2 devices, including UAD-2 PCIe card(s), UAD-2 Satellite, and Apollo / Apollo 16 audio interfaces
- Connect to Thunderbolt-equipped Macs via a compatible chassis (sold separately)
- VST/AU/RTAS and 64-bit compatible
- Also available as UAD-2 OCTO Custom and UAD-2 OCTO Ultimate 2 packages
- (Win) Windows 7 64-Bit Edition w/ SP1
- (Mac) OS X 10.6.8 Snow Leopard, 10.7 Lion, or 10.8 Mountain Lion
- 2 GB available disk space
- Available PCI Express (PCIe) slot for each UAD-2 card
- Available FireWire 800 port for UAD-2 Satellite, Apollo, or Apollo 16
- 1024 x 800 minimum display resolution
- Internet connection to download software and authorize UAD plug-ins
- Compatible VST, Audio Units, or RTAS plug-in host application software
|Package Contents||UAD-2 OCTO Core hardware and Analog Classics Plus UAD plug-in suite|
The UAD-2 card is just what I needed. The plugins are fantastic and the perfect compliment to my existing analog gear. As always, dealing with VK and Chris Karn was an incredible experience. He and the rest of the VK family have been taking great care of my needs, weather it’s a random question or actual purchase, for over a decade. Chris is my first call for any/all pro audio needs.
This is a difficult product to review. I bought this after trying UAD plugins buy buying a solo card off eBay for $50. I likes it so much I wanted to get this card and there was a great deal on some extra plugins. The plugins themselves are stunning. But some are resource hogs. So much so that the dream of using as many UA plugins as I like died. Capital Chambers sounds great but it uses a whole core. And even on sale the plugins are very expensive. They are worth it but for the home studio hobbyist like me way impractical. That said, at some point I will buy a second card and buy more plugins when I can. The sound quality is stunning.
* Required Fields
Please fill out the form below and a Vintage King Audio Consultant will contact you with a ship date for the Universal Audio UAD-2 OCTO Core - DSP Accelerator Card.
When it comes to getting the best gear, your tastes are probably pretty particular. Vintage King can help answer any and every question to help you make the right decisions for your sound. Fill out the form below and we'll be in contact with you shortly.
Free shipping to the lower 48 US states on orders $99 and up. See details.
* Required Fields