Universal Audio UAD-2 Live Rack Core
The Universal Audio UAD-2 Live Rack CORE brings the power of Universal Audio’s plug-in library to the live sound environment. The 19" rack-mountable suit features 16-channels through a MADI connection. Four modules can be linked for an impressive 64 total channels of MADI signal processing.
The Core bundle includes some of the best studio quality plug-ins right out of the box, such as the Teletronix LA-2A, 1176 compressors, Pultec EQs and Antares Auto-Tune Realtime. All plug-in parameters can be saved as snapshots for easy recall or tweaked in real-time through the downloadable Live Rack App.
The Live Rack App allows you to take full advantage of other great features offered in the Console program, including drag and drop functionality to customize signal flow, copy and pasting plug-in parameters, keyboard and mouse navigation, an in-depth zoom of the plug-in window, and the ability to save and recall custom channel strip settings from API, Universal Audio, Neve, SSL, Manley and Helios.
It’s no secret Universal Audio provides the highest quality hardware emulations on the market, and now with QUAD Core processing in the UAD-2 Live Rack, you can add that analog magic to your live mixes. If you’re already a UAD-2 user in the studio world, all existing licenses will integrate seamlessly to the Live Rack.
As we all know, the live sound environment can be a bit unreliable compared to a recording studio, you can rest easy knowing the Live Rack includes some professional grade fail-safe features to make sure the integrity of the mix is never lost during the performance. Multiple internal power supplies guarantee the Live Rack will continue to process audio if one of them were to go out. Also, if the host computer loses power, the Live Rack app becomes unavailable, or Thunderbolt cable is disconnected, the Live Rack will continue to process audio and run all plug-in parameters in the last saved state.
- 16-channel MADI effects processor for live mixing with Realtime UAD QUAD Core Processing and UAD plug-ins
- Process with acclaimed UAD Powered Plug-Ins while mixing live sound — including no latency pitch correction with Antares Auto-Tune Realtime
- Includes a suite of UAD plug-ins including Antares Auto-Tune Realtime, Teletronix LA-2A and 1176 compressors, Pultec EQs, and more
- Allows use of any licensed UAD plug-in(s) in users’ UAD accounts
- Combine 4 units for up to 64 channels of Optical MADI signal processing
- Store configuration Snapshot files for easy recall of all show settings
- Load Snapshot configurations via MIDI or Soundcraft Vi CUE function
- Connects to Soundcraft Vi consoles via Ethernet for Snapshot CUE control
- Thunderbolt 3 connectivity for Macs (for plug-in control only)
- Apple Mac computer with available Thunderbolt 3 port
- MacOS 10.13.3 High Sierra
- Thunderbolt 3 cable for each UAD-2 Live Rack unit
- (2) single MADI Optical SC cables or (1) Duplex MADI Optical SC cable for each UAD-2 Live Rack unit
- MADI optical SC signal source & return (e.g., digital mixing console)
- Internet connection to download software and authorize UAD plug-ins
- Six gigabytes available storage
- Cables and adapters not included
- Thunderbolt 1 or 2 Mac can be used with appropriate adapters and cables
- Multi-unit setups cannot use duplex (paired) MADI cables
|Unit Weight||9 lb|
|Input Connectors||BNC, Optical|
|Output Connectors||BNC, Optical|
|Computer Connection||FireWire, Thunderbolt|
|Maximum Sampling Rate||96 kHz|
Please fill out the form below and a Vintage King Audio Consultant will contact you with a ship date for the Universal Audio UAD-2 Live Rack Core.
When it comes to getting the best gear, your tastes are probably pretty particular. Vintage King can help answer any and every question to help you make the right decisions for your sound. Fill out the form below and we'll be in contact with you shortly.
Free shipping to the lower 48 US states on orders $99 and up. See details.
* Required Fields