Two Notes Torpedo Captor X Reactive Loadbox DI and Attenuator - 8 Ohm
Load box, direct box, attenuator, and speaker simulator featuring Torpedo IR-based technology creating dual-miked virtual cabinets - 8 ohm
Playing your tube amp in a great sounding room with an exceptional choice of perfectly matched speaker cabinets and microphones is truly joyous and an unparalleled experience. The Two Notes Torpedo Captor X is for tube amp lovers who crave this every time they play – no matter the environment. Play your tube amp at its sweet spot and control your volume with the attenuator, anywhere. You can even enjoy your 100 watt rig in silence with an immersive headphone experience. Fed up with lifting heavy cabinets, inconsistent sound and stage volume issues? Go direct to the PA and audio interface with studio-grade cabinet simulations.
Effortlessly control the miking chain
Wish to explore a legendary backline of speaker cabinets and microphones? Pair Torpedo Captor X with your phone, tablet or computer using Torpedo Remote. No other compact reactive load box offers such universal control of the miking chain and with dual miking per cabinet, you may never use a real mic again.
Two XLR outputs – three possibilities
Enjoy the stereo experience when playing at home but in a live or studio situation you may wish to route the outputs differently. Enable Dual Mono routing and send different signals to your FOH and monitors. Wish to change the tone after recording your killer riff? Enable Dry / Wet routing to send both your cab sim and dry amp signal independently to your audio interface.
Enhance your tone
Torpedo Captor X brings studio-grade processing to the Torpedo Captor family including a Twin Tracker, Stereo Reverb, Enhancer and Voicing.
Twin Tracker is an automatic double tracker. Your mono amp sound is routed to the left output and Twin Tracker creates another track (a virtual guitarist) on the right channel in real-time. The slight differences in timing and attack contribute to a beefed-up tone and massive sound.
Two notes Audio Engineering developed an entirely new Stereo Reverb algorithm for Torpedo Captor X. Use the Space control to adjust the width of your stereo field; create subtle studio room acoustics and immense rooms for ambient soundscapes.
Sometimes you need a touch of magic to get the sound you are chasing – the Enhancer is a combination of dynamic and tone shaping tools, tailored for your guitar, and bass. Thickness and Brilliance emphasize the low end and high end of the tone, respectively. Body will render your tone fuller and more present.
Voicing is a fast tone control enabling you to change the overall sound of all your presets at once. You may need to make a quick fix to adapt your sound to the venue you’re playing or the session you’re recording. Dial left to emphasize the mid frequencies and cut better through the mix and dial right to get a more scooped and modern tone.
- Compact Reactive Load Box (8 Ohm, 100-watt RMS)
- Tube Amp Attenuator: Home (-38dB), Club (-20dB), Stadium (0db)
- Torpedo IR-based technology creating Dual-miked Virtual Cabinets
- Dual IR Loader: 512 memory slots for custom IR files
- Loaded with 32 Virtual Cabinets, 128 preset locations
- Instantly select your favorite preset direct on the hardware (PRESET)
- Choose from 8 microphones per cabinet and 8 room simulations
- Torpedo Remote for effortless control of all parameters e.g. position of mics
- XLR DI Outputs (3 routing options: Stereo, Dual Mono, Dry / Wet)
- Silent playing with Immersive Headphone Experience
- Stereo Reverb including SPACE control on hardware
- EQ: Semi-parametric in Torpedo Remote, VOICING hardware control
- Twin Tracker virtual guitarist
- Enhancer with Body, Brilliance and Thickness controls
- Noise gate with learn function
- Dual Mono: Send dedicated signals to FOH and monitors with different EQ & Reverb
- Dry / Wet: Send Cab Sim to audio interface from one output and dry on the other
- Two notes Wall of Sound plug-in included for processing of dry recordings
- Audition 300+ Virtual Cabinets via the Torpedo Remote online library
- Explore / purchase official cabinets from MESA/Boogie, Celestion, Orange, Suhr, REVV and more
- Rugged, metal case: road ready and portable
- USB Torpedo Remote (Windows and macOS) connectivity
- MIDI Torpedo Remote connectivity
- Wireless (Phone / Tablet) Torpedo Remote connectivity (Android and iOS)
|Input Connectors||1/4-inch TS|
|Output Connectors||1/4-inch TRS, Analog XLR|
Please fill out the form below and a Vintage King Audio Consultant will contact you with a ship date for the Two Notes Torpedo Captor X Reactive Loadbox DI and Attenuator - 8 Ohm.
When it comes to getting the best gear, your tastes are probably pretty particular. Vintage King can help answer any and every question to help you make the right decisions for your sound. Fill out the form below and we'll be in contact with you shortly.
Free shipping to the lower 48 US states on orders $99 and up. See details.
* Required Fields