Toontrack Metal Machinery SDX - Electronic Delivery
The Toontrack Metal Machinery SDX expansion for Superior Drummer 2 features the original recording that was used as the foundation for arguably the most popular set of metal drum sounds on the market; the Metal Machine EZX. What makes it different from the EZX version is that the SDX sounds are raw and without post-processing, meaning the source material recorded directly at the studio. It comes with fundamentally the same collection of instruments but includes a wider variety of mic selections as well as a custom bank of kit presets.
The sessions were conducted at Studio B of Los Angeles’ Henson Recording Studios. Formerly known as the A&M Studios, these landmark facilities have housed the who’s-who of the recording industry of the past few decades. Heavy acts like Metallica, Soundgarden, Kiss, Pearl Jam and many others have all mixed or recorded groundbreaking works here.
At the helm recording, a man that needs no introduction to the world of metal; Andy Sneap. Having produced and mixed defining albums by some of modern metal’s most priced acts like Testament, Megadeth, Accept and Killswitch Engage, Sneap has had an instrumental role in shaping the sound of metal in the new millennium.
This library comprises three full kits, a wide assortment of cymbals and a total of seven snares drums, all recorded using the utmost in recording equipment. With its concrete-lined walls, the room at Studio B produces a hard but still deep and precise tone, making it a perfect sonic environment for big, reverberant rock and metal drums. This room really brings out the very essence and raw nature of these instruments.
This is more than a collection of drums for just rock and metal. With the powerful tools of Superior Drummer 2, it’s a clean canvas of the finest of raw material, ready for you to harness, shape and mold into something truly unique.
- Three kits (2 x Tama Starclassic Bubinga, Ludwig Stainless Steel) as well as a large selection of snare drums and cymbals
- Produced and engineered by Andy Sneap
- Recorded at Henson Recording Studios in Los Angeles, USA
- Drums sampled by John Tempesta
- Six (6) kit presets including custom samples, designed and mixed by Andy Sneap
- Included MIDI played by Nick Barker (ex-Cradle of Filth, ex-Dimmu Borgir)
SIGNAL CHAINS / MIXER CHANNELS:
- Kick R in: Shure SM91
- Kick R in 2: Audix D6/AKG D12 on Stainless Steel
- Kick R out: Yamaha Sub Kick
- Kick L in: Shure SM91
- Kick L in 2: Audix D6/AKG D12 on Stainless Steel
- Kick L out: Yamaha Sub Kick
- Snare top Shure SM57
- Snare top 2: Beyerdynamic M 201
- Snare Bottom: Shure SM57
- Hi-Hat: Shure SM7B
- Toms: Sennheiser MD 421
- Cymbals/ride close: Neumann KM184
- OH: AKG C414
- Room Mono: Neumann CMV3
- Room mid: RCA77 Ribbon
- Room far: Neumann U67
- 20 GB of free hard disk space, DVD drive, 2 GB RAM
- Working Superior Drummer 2.4.1 (or above) installation
|Software Delivery||Electronic Delivery|
|Virtual Instrument Type||Drums and Percussion|
|Plug-In Format||AAX, RTAS, AU, VST, Standalone|
|Operating System||Mac, Windows|
Please fill out the form below and a Vintage King Audio Consultant will contact you with a ship date for the Toontrack Metal Machinery SDX - Electronic Delivery.
When it comes to getting the best gear, your tastes are probably pretty particular. Vintage King can help answer any and every question to help you make the right decisions for your sound. Fill out the form below and we'll be in contact with you shortly.
Free shipping to the lower 48 US states on orders $99 and up. See details.
* Required Fields