TK Audio Vintagedesign VDC Compressor
The TK Audio Vintagedesign VDC is a brand new transformer balanced Class A design that uses a diode bridge as the gain reduction element. It is based on the old British 2254 / 2264 and our own C1/CL1mk2.
Each channel features three custom-made Carnhill transformers which deliver an authentic, punchy low-end and that highly sought after classic mid tone. All controls are stepped – a “must have” for recall in mix and mastering environments.
A blend control allows parallel compression – always a desirable feature on any compressor. The VDC provides two types of HF boosts. The HF switch boosts the high frequencies with 2 dB, affecting both the output signal and the signal that feeds the side-chain. The AIR switch boosts the high frequencies on the compressed signal by 2 dB.
As with many stereo devices, the VDC has one set of controls for both channels. The VDC uses two threshold detectors which are summed before the timing circuits to ensure maximum performance. Both channels hit the detectors even if they are 180 degrees out of phase.
Designed and built in Sweden, the Vintagedesign VDC stereo bus compressor is a classic in the making. Vintage sound and controls, old school look and a solid professional ergonomic feel are guaranteed to satisfy even the most discerning audio engineering professionals and enthusiasts.
VDC requires the new PSU-2! Please note that it will not work with the old PSUD!
- Threshold: from -20 dB to +15 dB in 41 steps
- Ratio: 1.5:1 / 2:1 / 3:1 / 4:1 / 6:1 / 8:1
- Attack: 0.5 mS / 1 mS / 2 mS / 3 mS / 6 mS / 12 mS / 25 ms / 50 mS
- Recovery time: 25 mS / 50 mS / 100 mS / 400 mS / 800 mS / 1.5 S / Auto1 / Auto2
- A1 = 100 mS / 2 Sec, A2 = 50 mS / 5 Sec
- High-pass filter: Off / 75 Hz / 100 Hz / 125 Hz / 150 Hz / 250 Hz, all with 6 dB/ octave slope
- Make-up gain: 0 - 20 dB in 41 steps
- HF switch: boosts the high frequencies around 1 dB at 20 kHz, this also affects the threshold detector
- AIR switch: Boosts the high frequencies around 3 dB at 20 kHz and does not affect the threshold detector
- IN switch: True bypass switch
- Blend control: From dry to compressed signal i 21 steps
Please fill out the form below and a Vintage King Audio Consultant will contact you with a ship date for the TK Audio Vintagedesign VDC Compressor.
When it comes to getting the best gear, your tastes are probably pretty particular. Vintage King can help answer any and every question to help you make the right decisions for your sound. Fill out the form below and we'll be in contact with you shortly.
Free shipping to the lower 48 US states on orders $99 and up. See details.
* Required Fields