Telefunken Active Mono DI
The Telefunken Active Mono DI is the new active FET direct box design that utilizes top quality components in a modern take on classic circuitry to give you a full, rich character that both complements and retains the natural tone and feel of your instrument. The TDA circuit employs discrete Class-A FET circuitry coupled with a high quality transformer that provides the perfect balance between clean, high headroom performance and warm, saturated tone with vibe.
The heart of the design is a custom-wound output transformer by OEP/Carnhill, made in the UK. The circuit board features gold plated traces and is entirely hand-assembled with through-hole components, providing more secure and reliable connections than typical surface mount circuitry. The frequency response of the circuit is ±2 dB from 20 Hz to 70 kHz, with extremely low distortion and self-noise. Each individual unit is manually tuned by hand for the lowest distortion figure possible. High input impedance prevents the loading down of passive pickups. This careful attention to detail and high quality component choices results in a direct box with a harmonically rich low end and a detailed, open high-end clarity.
The circuit is housed in an extremely durable extruded aluminum enclosure with recessed switches and connectors. This rugged construction is virtually indestructible, able to easily withstand the wear and tear of gigging. Each channel features two heavy duty metal toggle switches to engage a -15 dB pad and ground lift. The circuit is powered from standard +48 V phantom power with an LED indicating when it is powered.
While some direct boxes focus on providing sterile, ultra-clean gain, they often leave the instrument devoid of any soul or character. Conversely, some DI’s artificially hype too much low-end and overemphasize harmonic distortion, resulting in a tubby and undefined output. The Telefunken active DI avoids these common design pitfalls and delivers a new standard in reliability and performance for direct boxes.
- Custom-wound OEP/Carnhill transformer, made in the UK
- Rugged aluminum construction
- Class-A discrete FET circuitry
- Recessed switches and connectors for protection
- +48 V phantom powered with LED indicator
- -15 dB pad switch
- Ground lift switch
- 100% through-hole components
- Amphenol connectors
- WIMA, Nichicon, and Panasonic capacitors
- 1% 1/4W metal film resistors
- 1-year warranty
- Type: Active FET Direct Box
- Transformer: Custom-Wound OEP/Carnhill Transformer
- Frequency Range: 20 Hz - 70 kHz, ± 2 dB
- Noise: -116 dBV (unweighted)
- Input Impedance: 1 MΩ
- Output Impedance: < 100 Ω
- Power Requirements: +48 VDC Phantom Power
- Current Draw: 3.8 mA
- Weight: 459 g (1.01 lb)
- Dimensions: 100 mm L x 100 mm W x 50 mm H
- Maximum Input Level (for 1% THD): +1 dBV (no pad), +17 dBV (with pad)
- Input Connections: 1/4" Jack
- Output Connections: XLR Output, 1/4" Thru
- Number of Channels: 1
|Active or Passive||Active|
Please fill out the form below and a Vintage King Audio Consultant will contact you with a ship date for the Telefunken Active Mono DI.
When it comes to getting the best gear, your tastes are probably pretty particular. Vintage King can help answer any and every question to help you make the right decisions for your sound. Fill out the form below and we'll be in contact with you shortly.
Free shipping to the lower 48 US states on orders $99 and up. See details.
* Required Fields