TC Electronic BMC-2 Monitor Controller with DAC
High-definition digital-to-analog converter and monitor controller with calibrated referencing and jitter reduction
The TC Electronic BMC-2 is a dedicated digital-to-analog converter and high-quality 'hands-on' monitor control that's an ideal solution, no matter how your audio production or monitoring setup is based - be it digital or analog. A oredictable, ultra-low-latency speaker and headphone control is an important part of your production process, and with BMC-2 such luxury is always available to you - regardless of the state of the computer at the heart of your system.
No Computer Needed
This handy self-contained desktop unit can be operated without a Mac or PC, offering you instant and practical control of sound levels. As well as controlling the listening level, BMC-2 allows you to switch between three digital input sources - S/PDIF, AES3, TOS and ADAT, and confirm if those inputs are synchronous or not. BMC-2 drives one set of analog speakers, one set of digital speakers and a set of headphones. Calibrated listening is available with both sets of speakers and the headphone output.
But it's not all about DAC and level control - BMC-2 also puts user-definable reference levels at your fingertips. You simply hit the REF button on the front panel and BMC-2 will attenuate the output to a user-defined sound pressure level, so reference level monitoring is always just a single button-press away.
BMC-2 precision re-clocks all inputs, and features high performance jitter rejection based on patented JET technology that was originally developed for our flagship System 6000. All the benefits of optical interfacing without the problems - asymmetries are corrected and jitter is completely removed from the equation.
iCheck Your Source
Analog output offers wide dynamic range on XLR connectors. Peak level metering and Integrity Check - or 'iCheck' - is also available on the selected input. iCheck reveals if the signal is spatially compromised, e.g. because of data reduction, such as MP3 or AAC encoded at too low a bit rate. BMC-2 is a self-contained desktop unit that works right out of the box with no need for a computer for setup. It interfaces directly with all new Macs and most PCs used for audio production - just attach the supplied 12V DC power adaptor.
- High-definition digital-to-analog converter and monitor controller gives you practical hands-on control and offers calibrated referencing and jitter-reduction technology
- Self-contained desktop unit provides predictable, ultra-low-latency speaker and headphone control for your digital or analog setup so you can have instant and reliable command of sound levels whether you are using a computer or any other source
- Calibrated listening for both speaker sets and your headphones plus user-definable reference levels give you reference-level monitoring across all your outputs at the push of a button
- Precision re-clocking of all inputs and JET technology originally developed for the SYSTEM 6000 offers impressive high-performance jitter rejection
- iCheck input integrity-checking on a selected input reveals whether your signal has been spatially compromised, such as from data-reduction artifacts
- Easily switch between S/PDIF or AES3, TOS, and ADAT digital input sources and confirm whether your inputs are synchronous to the one selected
- XLR and S/PDIF outputs to drive one set of analog and one set of digital speakers, plus a 1/4-inch jack for a pair of headphones
- S/PDIF input also handles AES3 and AES3-id formats
- Large level-control knob gives you straightforward control over speaker levels when reference listening is not active
- Interfaces directly with all new Macs and most audio production PCs if desired
- 10-Year Warranty Program
- Designed and engineered in Denmark
Please fill out the form below and a Vintage King Audio Consultant will contact you with a ship date for the TC Electronic BMC-2 Monitor Controller with DAC.
When it comes to getting the best gear, your tastes are probably pretty particular. Vintage King can help answer any and every question to help you make the right decisions for your sound. Fill out the form below and we'll be in contact with you shortly.
Free shipping to the lower 48 US states on orders $99 and up. See details.
* Required Fields