Tascam VS-R264 Standalone Full HD Video Encoder/Decoder for Live Streaming
The Tascam VS-R264 is an AV-over-IP streaming encoders/decoders which offer simultaneous encoding, streaming, recording and decoding of audio/video material in 4K/UHD or Full HD resolution using the H.265/HEVC or H.264 video codecs. They can be used for transmissions over corporate networks and WANs or for live streaming into the internet plus automatic FTP upload of recorded files to network storage. Utilising open streaming formats and protocols, both models support Content Delivery Networks and online live platforms like YouTube, Wowza, Ustream, AWS Elemental MediaLive, CloudFront and others.
With power over Ethernet or external 12 Volt supply, HDMI in/out with audio embedding and de-embedding, and full control from a RESTful API allowing for integration into automation and control systems, these units are extremely versatile. Whereas many other products either lack professional audio levels or connectors, don’t record at all, or can’t simultaneously encode and decode, Tascam VS-R264 and VS-R265 sport fully balanced audio I/O via Euroblock connectors, with configurable reference levels for compatibility with professional audio systems. Unbalanced 3.5-mm stereo mini jacks are also provided for compatibility with consumer devices.
The bi-directional AV operation, live online streaming, secure capture to SD media then later upload for the web site, is ideal for live events, lectures, government sessions, boardroom presentations, concert venues and houses of worship, also for connections between rooms or locations. With a compact 1U, half-rack size, two units can be rack-mounted side by side. They can also be easily placed on a table or screwed under a shelf with the included mounting bracket.
Stream your corporate announcements or business reports live to employees or shareholders
The VS-R264/VS-R265 makes it easy to live-broadcast corporate announcements and business reports to a dedicated target audience like your employees or shareholders or stream them widely to the internet. By recording such live events, you can upload them later to the company website.
Ideal for online training or lecture recording
A typical lecture or training session includes content fed from a computer. With a single VS-R264/VS-R265 you can decide whether to process the signal from a camera or the HDMI output signal from the laptop. You could also add a simple HDMI switch to select between both sources. Another possibility is to use a small live video processor with picture-in-picture or side-by-side scaling to record or stream both images at once. Or you can use two VS-R264/VS-R265 devices to record both signals separately and combine them later using video editing software and upload the result to your website or any content provider.
Live streaming of music concerts
Even smaller music venues can afford high-resolution video cameras today. Combining such a camera with an inexpensive video encoder/recorder offers the possibility to record the performance while streaming the event live to YouTube, Facebook Live, or a member area on the venue’s website, for example. This can provide additional income for the band or venue.
Stream your music or sports event to a public viewing site
Tascam VS-R264/VS-R265 Video Streamer/Recorder – Setup for public screeningUsing a second VS-R264/VS-R265, you can decode your live stream anywhere in the world to feed a projector or mega display for public screening. The decoder also de-embeds the audio and outputs that high-quality signal via balanced connectors to the sound system.
Live streaming for more transparency in political processes
Many local state and city governments want to improve transparency towards their citizens. One way to accomplish this is to make meeting or committee sessions easily accessible to the public over the internet. Being able to access these sessions via live or on-demand streaming helps citizens to become more aware and involved with the political process, and informed of current affairs. Recording the live-streamed session allows it to be accessible afterwards.
For local governments, live streaming may be a viable alternative to broadcasting on public access or local television.
Live streaming to multiple displays in corporate or conference centre lobbies
Lobby areas in large company offices or conference centers are often equipped with multiple screens displaying live content of a current event or commercials. The VS-R264/VS-R265 can distribute such video content over standard network infrastructure. This eliminates the need for expensive video cable installations and ensures better image quality even in difficult environments.
- Encodes, decodes, records and streams in multiple formats – all simultaneously
- Streams Full HD (1920 × 1080p) video signals encoded to H.264 with bit rates up to 30 megabits
- Ideally suited as stand-alone YouTube encoder or for live streaming to other CDNs like DaCast, Facebook, Wowza and others
- Decodes streaming video signals to Full HD (1920 × 1080p)
- HDMI input for cameras and other sources, HDMI output for display devices
- RESTful API for integration into control systems in commercial AV installations
- Balanced analog input and output for high-quality audio transmission (Euroblock connectors)
- Configurable audio output level and selectable audio reference level for easy integration into almost any environment
- Unbalanced audio input and output for easy interfacing with consumer equipment (3.5-mm stereo mini jacks)
- Audio from analog sources can be embedded into the stream or separated from a stream to drive sound reinforcement systems
- Records video data directly to SD cards
- External video storage on USB 3.0 devices
- Ability to upload files from SD cards or external storage devices to FTP servers
- Clear web interface allows to configure unit settings over the network
- Supports Gigabit Ethernet
- Flexible power supply options over the Ethernet connection (PoE+) or by an optional AC adapter (Tascam PS-P1220E, sold separately)
- Compact half-rack size (1U)
- Included surface mount bracket allows the unit to be easily installed, for example, directly under a desk
Please fill out the form below and a Vintage King Audio Consultant will contact you with a ship date for the Tascam VS-R264 Standalone Full HD Video Encoder/Decoder for Live Streaming.
When it comes to getting the best gear, your tastes are probably pretty particular. Vintage King can help answer any and every question to help you make the right decisions for your sound. Fill out the form below and we'll be in contact with you shortly.
Free shipping to the lower 48 US states on orders $99 and up. See details.
* Required Fields