Tascam US-20x20 Audio/MIDI Interface
The Tascam US-20x20 Audio/MIDI Interface packs 20 channels of analog and digital I/O into a single rack space with great sounding preamps and USB 3.0/2.0 connectivity. Eight Ultra-HDDA microphone preamps provide 56dB of gain and high headroom to make microphones sound their best. Up to ten channels of digital I/O are included on ADAT and S/PDIF connectors, with word clock also provided for use with external clocks like TASCAM’s CG-1000. MIDI I/O allows use with controllers and synthesizers, and sample rates up to 192 kHz/24-bit are supported.
The US-20x20 is the first USB 3.0 interface to use class-compliant drivers for future-proof use with computers and tablets. A built-in DSP mixer includes parametric EQ and compression on every channel and a stereo reverb send for great-sounding monitor mixes. The DSP mixer can also be used as a live mixer or submixer with computer control. The US-20x20 has three operation modes – audio interface, digital mixer, and 8-channel digital mic preamp – for maximum flexibility.
Ultra-HDDA mic preamps provide high headroom for dynamic tracks
TASCAM's Ultra-HDDA mic preamps provide up to 57 dB of gain with the highest headroom in their class. Meaning your tracks won't be distorted before they even hit your computer, resulting in sweeter mids and deep soundstaging.
Popularized in TASCAM's HS-P82 professional broadcast and film recorders, Ultra HDDA preamps have the performance to handle condenser, dynamic, and ribbon microphones. These versatile preamps also feature line-level inputs for keyboards and other equipment.
20 Inputs and 20 Outputs To Handle the Biggest Sessions
With (8) XLR/TRS inputs, (2) TRS inputs, multi-channel digital inputs via S/PDIF coaxial, and optical digital connectors, the US-20x20 provides a total of twenty simultaneous inputs when operating at 44.1kHz or 48kHz. Twenty simultaneous outputs are also transmitted from your DAW at 44.1kHz or 48kHz utilizing the (10) TRS line outputs, S/PDIF coaxial and optical digital outputs. The ADAT optical input/output support SMUX2 and SMUX4 - required for high sampling rates. Using (2) US-20x20 and the optical digital connections, it is possible to configure a (16) microphone recording system.
The product is equipped with S/PDIF coaxial input and output connectors for connection to effects processors, digital synths, or an external AD/DA converter. For a high-quality monitoring environment, the TASCAM DA-3000 Master Recorder / ADDA converter is recommended.
With word clock BNC connection, synchronization with word clock BNC connection, with an external digital device is possible. A highly precise generator - such as one from the TASCAM CG Series - is recommended for complex system setups.
- Ultra-HDDA (High Definition Discrete Architecture) mic preamps with −125 dBu EIN
- Eight Ultra-HDDA micpres with XLR/TRS and connector, two TRS inputs
- 3 mode switching of Interface/Mic preamp/Mixer
- Up to 192 kHz/24-bit recording
- Support for Windows and Mac
- USB 3.0/2.0 computer connection (USB3.0 requires Windows 10 or OSX 10.11.2 (or later))
- Connect with iPads and other iOS devices
- +48 V phantom power for all inputs
- High-impedance inputs available
- Input level specifications boast a range of 56 dB for using dynamic mics
- Tough metal casing for durability
- Angled design provides excellent usability on a desktop
- Two standard TRS headphones output jack with 70mW + 70mW output power
- Separate controls for line and headphones output volumes
- MIDI input and output
- Low-latency monitoring via on-board DSP mixer
- DSP mixer with 4-band EQ and compression on each input channel(Can be used in Interface/Mixer mode)
- On-board Reverb effect ideal for monitoring on interface mode or PA/SR on mixer mode
- Patch bay allows outputs to be assigned freely (Can be used in Interface/Mixer mode)
- Scenes can store DSP mixer settings (up to 10+1 scenes can be stored and named）
- Ten TRS analog outputs
- S/PDIF coaxial digital input/output connectors
- TOS LINK optical digital multichannel input/output connectors (supporting SMUX2 and SMUX4)
- BNC word clock input/output connectors
- USB class compliant 2.0 support
- Confirmed operation with major DAW software (SONAR, Pro Tools, Cubase, Live, Studio One, GarageBand）
- RoHS certified
- Rack-mount adapter included
- Dedicated AC adapter included
- USB2.0 cable and USB3.0 cable included
|Package Contents||Interface, rack mount adapter, USB2.0 cable, USB3.0 cable, user manual, warranty card, and dedicated AC adapter|
|Unit Weight||5.9 lb|
|Input Connectors||Digital RCA, Optical|
|Output Connectors||1/4-inch TRS, Digital RCA, Optical|
|MIDI Connections||In, Out|
|Clock I/O||In, Out|
|Maximum Sampling Rate||192 kHz|
|Digital Format||ADAT, S/PDIF, SMUX|
Please fill out the form below and a Vintage King Audio Consultant will contact you with a ship date for the Tascam US-20x20 Audio/MIDI Interface.
When it comes to getting the best gear, your tastes are probably pretty particular. Vintage King can help answer any and every question to help you make the right decisions for your sound. Fill out the form below and we'll be in contact with you shortly.
Free shipping to the lower 48 US states on orders $99 and up. See details.
* Required Fields