To inquire if this item is available in one of our stores, please call 888.653.1184 or chat with us.
Tascam US-16x08 Audio/MIDI Interface
The TASCAM US-16x08 captures 16 mic and line inputs to your computer with clear sound quality and advanced features to manage big sessions. Eight Ultra-HDDA microphone preamps deliver the cleanest and quietest operation in their class while delivering up to 56dB of gain. An additional eight line inputs are provided, two of them switchable to instrument level for direct guitar or bass recording. Eight balanced line outputs are also available, two with a level control on the front panel for monitoring.
Built into the US-16x08 is a DSP Mixer for low-latency digital mixing. Each channel has four-band EQ and compression for polished-sounding monitor mixes. In addition to interface mode, the US-16x08 can be used stand alone as a standalone mic preamp. Mac and Windows drivers are provided, as well as USB Class Compliant 2.0 drivers for tablets like Apple's iPad. MIDI input and output are also available on the rear panel.
Whether using the ergonomically-designed angled desktop stand or mounting with the included rack ears, the US-16x08 includes analog I/O for almost any music recording application.
Ultra-HDDA Mic Preamps for Clear Audio Quality from All of Your Mics
TASCAM's own Ultra-HDDA mic preamps are the cleanest, quietest, and best-sounding from any interface in their range. A gain range of 56dB makes them ideal for any type of mic – dynamic, condenser, or ribbon. With preamp performance well beyond any interfaces in their price range, the Ultra-HDDA preamps on the US-16x08 makes your tracks sound like a record.
16 analog inputs
Eight XLR mic inputs and eight TRS inputs can be used simultaneously for 16-track live recordings. Capture every detail of live performances or rehearsals for later mixdown.
The eight XLR mic inputs have switchable +48 V phantom power to use up to 8 condenser mics at the same time. The two front panel TRS line inputs are switchable between instrument level and line level input with adjustable gain. An additional six TRS line ins on the rear of the unit are switchable between -10dB and +4dB. All of the jacks support balanced or unbalanced 1/4" signals.
When powered on with out a USB connection, the US-16x08 functions as an 8-channel microphone preamp. Mics pass through the Ultra-HDDA preamps to the eight balanced line outputs on the rear panel. Use the interface to add additional high-quality mic inputs to a mixer an another audio interface.
- Ultra-HDDA (High Definition Discrete Architecture) mic preamps with −125 dBu EIN
- Eight Ultra-HDDA mic pres with XLR connectors, eight TRS inputs
- Standalone mode for use as an independent mic preamp
- Up to 96kHz/24-bit recording
- Support for Windows and Macintosh
- USB 2.0 computer connection
- Connect with iPads and other iOS devices via Class Compliant drivers
- +48 V phantom power available for all microphone inputs
- High-impedance inputs available
- 56 dB of preamp gain, ideal for dynamic or ribbon microphones
- Tough metal casing for durability
- Angled design provides excellent usability on a desktop
- Eight TRS outputs
- Standard TRS headphones output jack with 70mW/ch output power
- Separate controls for line and headphones output volumes
- MIDI input and output
- Low-latency monitoring via on-board DSP mixer
- DSP mixer with 4-band EQ and compression on each input channel
- Digital Patch bay allows outputs to be assigned freely
- Scenes can store DSP mixer settings (up to 10 scenes can be stored and named)
- USB class compliant 2.0 support
- Confirmed operation with major DAW software (SONAR, ProTools, Cubase, Live, Studio One, Garage Band)
- RoHS certified
- Dedicated AC adapter included
|Package Contents||Interface, rack mount adapter, USB cable, user manual, warranty card, and dedicated AC adapter|
|Unit Weight||6.1 lb|
|Input Connectors||1/4-inch TRS, Analog XLR|
|Output Connectors||1/4-inch TRS|
|MIDI Connections||In, Out|
|Maximum Sampling Rate||192 kHz|
Please fill out the form below and a Vintage King Audio Consultant will contact you with a ship date for the Tascam US-16x08 Audio/MIDI Interface.
When it comes to getting the best gear, your tastes are probably pretty particular. Vintage King can help answer any and every question to help you make the right decisions for your sound. Fill out the form below and we'll be in contact with you shortly.
Free shipping to the lower 48 US states on orders $99 and up. See details.
* Required Fields