Tannoy Gold 5 2-Way Active Studio Monitor - Single – No Longer Available
Designed to meet the demanding needs of professionals in recording, broadcast and post-production environments, Tannoy Gold 5 Studio Monitors are the result of more than 70 years of innovation and refinement. Equipped with proprietary 5-inch dual concentric point source technology, 200 watts of power and a transducer-matched bi-amplified design, Gold 5 studio reference monitors deliver clear, detailed sound in a compact, affordable package.
NEXT-GEN DUAL CONCENTRIC DRIVER
First designed in 1943, Tannoy’s proprietary Dual Concentric technology has been a staple in their studio monitors ever since. Equipped with a next-generation 5-inch Dual Concentric driver with a compact 0.75-inch titanium tweeter located in the center, Gold 5 studio monitors deliver unrivaled musical articulation and outstanding dynamics. A cutting-edge point source Tulip Waveguide gives Gold 5 studio monitors a flat frequency response and controlled dispersion. And with a front-firing bass port design, Gold 5 studio monitors deliver optimal low frequency performance all the way down to 70 Hz, even in small rooms. Known for their exceptionally natural performance and incredibly wide imaging “sweet-spot,” Gold 5 studio monitors are ideal for recording, editing, mixing or mastering.
With transducer-matched Class AB amplifiers for both the low and high frequency drives, Tannoy Gold 5 studio monitors deliver clear, detailed sound at any output level. Class-AB amplifiers combine the linear performance of Class A amps with the improved efficiency of Class B amps to deliver clean, consistent power at any volume.
Gold 5 studio monitors uphold Tannoy’s long-held philosophy of using minimal crossover points to reduce potential phase problems and provide more natural and accurate sound reproduction. Combined with advanced Klippel analysis and a host of other technologies, these next-generation reference monitors offer accurate sound reproduction with outstanding definition.
Dialing in the perfect sound is easier than ever with Tannoy Gold 5 studio monitors thanks to a host of versatile features, like dedicated input trim, bass and treble controls. Connect up to two audio sources simultaneously with continually-active XLR and TRS inputs. Or quickly plug-ins in your mobile device using the built-in 3.5 mm TRS jack plug. Engage power saving mode to automatically turn off your studio monitors when not in use.
- Premium 200 Watt bi-amped nearfield studio reference monitor for accurate sound reproduction with outstanding definition
- Ultra precise and neutral soundstage delivers non-fatiguing sound for extended listening sessions
- Legendary Tannoy Dual Concentric driver technology provides class-leading phase coherence and point-source imaging
- Front-firing bass port design allows for near-wall placement and ensures optimal low frequency performance
- Next generation 5”Dual Concentric driver secures unrivaled musical articulation and outstanding dynamics
- 0.75" titanium tweeter with Tulip waveguide produces detailed stereo image with widened “sweet spot”
- Class AB system with transducer-matched LF and HF bi-amplification for accurate dynamics
- Continually-active XLR and TRS phone jack inputs let you connect up to 2 audio sources
- Dedicated input trim, bass and treble controls let you optimize the audio for your listening conditions
- Selectable automatic standby mode conserves energy
- 3-Year Warranty Program
- Designed and engineered in the U.K.
|Unit Weight||12.8 lb|
|Active or Passive||Active|
|driver_sizes||LF: 5"; HF: 1"|
|Number of Speakers||Single|
|Input Connectors||1/4-inch TRS, 3.5 mm TRS, Analog XLR|
|Amp Wattage||200 W Class AB|
|Frequency Range||70 Hz - 20 kHz ±3 dB|
|Max. SPL||107 dB|
Please fill out the form below and a Vintage King Audio Consultant will contact you with a ship date for the Tannoy Gold 5 2-Way Active Studio Monitor - Single.
When it comes to getting the best gear, your tastes are probably pretty particular. Vintage King can help answer any and every question to help you make the right decisions for your sound. Fill out the form below and we'll be in contact with you shortly.
Free shipping to the lower 48 US states on orders $99 and up. See details.
* Required Fields