Suhr Badger 30 Amplifier Head
In 2005, Suhr set out to design a series of portable, hand built, all-tube amplifiers. These amplifiers would be easy to use and offer players a vast array of classic British tones and would fit right at home in virtually any recording or live performance environment. The result? In the Winter of 2006, the first Badger amplifier was born and the rest is history. Since it’s debut, players, artists, and producers alike have made the Suhr Badger their go to amplifier for an endless variety of recording and performance applications.
Now ten years later, Suhr is proud to bring to you the next evolution of the Badger. The new Suhr Badger series is appointed in an elegant more refined look, and an expanded feature set to bring you the most sophisticated and versatile Badger amplifier to date.
The newly designed preamp section includes a high-voltage cascaded MOSFET Boost (footswitchable) to offer a broader range of cleaner and overdriven tones with increased dynamic range, transparency and tactile responsiveness.
SINGLE CHANNEL – CATHODE BIASED
The Suhr Badger is a single channel amp that dynamically interacts with your guitar’s volume control and responds to your playing style. The cathode biased power section lends itself to dynamic, spongey tones and requires no bias adjustment when replacing power tubes.
POWER SCALING EXPLAINED
The 2017 Badger features an optimized Power Control to reduce unnatural sound artifacts at lower settings.
- POWER: Power Scaling emulates the tonal response of a high wattage amp on 10, at manageable volumes. Power controls the voltage that feeds the output section and in turn, the wattage. As you lower the voltage of the power section you are reducing the amount of signal it can handle before clipping the output section. To compensate for this we use the “Drive” control so you can easily scale down to 1 watt without losing tone & feel.
- DRIVE: Feeds the input to the power section. With Power at 10 it acts as a master volume. As a rule of thumb, when you turn down the Power always set the Drive control within 2 numbers of the Power setting. If you set the drive lower than the power it will sound brighter, like a “master volume” amp.
- GAIN: Controls the amount of preamp gain by controlling 2 cascading gain stages simultaneously to drive the input stage.
- TONE CONTROLS: Bass, Middle and Treble tone controls for each channel are post-gain and passive cut-style. We recommend starting around 5 and dialing to taste. As you increase Gain and/or Drive we recommend dialing back the Bass to retain clarity and definition in the low-end.
- EFFECTS LOOP: Every Suhr Badger includes a buffered all tube effects loop that works equally well with pedals or line level rack gear.
- Output: 30 Watts RMS
- Preamp Tubes: 3x 12AX7
- Power Tubes: 2x EL34
- Rectifier: Solid State Rectifier
- Effects Loop: Tube driven, buffered, series effects loop
- Panel Controls: On/Off, Standby, Power, Drive, Bass, Middle, Treble
- Speaker Outputs: Dual speaker outputs: Selectable between 4Ω, 8Ω & 16Ω impedance
|Package Contents||Badger 30 head, slip cover, and footswitch|
|Unit Weight||31 lb|
|Amp Wattage||30 W RMS|
|Impedance||4, 8, 16 Ohms selectable|
Please fill out the form below and a Vintage King Audio Consultant will contact you with a ship date for the Suhr Badger 30 Amplifier Head.
When it comes to getting the best gear, your tastes are probably pretty particular. Vintage King can help answer any and every question to help you make the right decisions for your sound. Fill out the form below and we'll be in contact with you shortly.
Free shipping to the lower 48 US states on orders $99 and up. See details.
* Required Fields