Steinberg WaveLab Pro 11 - Retail Box
Complete mastering solution, with every tool that you will ever need to cover your workflow from start to finish with exceptional metering, real-time FX, offline processors, restoration tools, and flexible integration of external hardware effects
Mastering is one of the most important parts of the music production process. It is a unique art and, for 25 years, WaveLab has been the number one choice for mastering professionals. Steinberg WaveLab Pro is a complete mastering solution, with every tool that you will ever need to cover your workflow from start to finish.
With significant new features for stem mastering, multitrack editing, plug-in parameter automation and podcast production, WaveLab 11 has the concept of “multi” running throughout it. With improved multi-channel file handling, multiple track sub-lanes and analysis meters, multi-core processing and more, WaveLab further enhances its status as the true art of mastering.
Multi-channel interleaved support
WaveLab 11 introduces extended support for multi-channel interleaved files and, for the first time, multi-channel interleaved editing in the Audio Editor. Supporting up to 22.2 surround layouts of WAV files (including Ambisonics files for pre-authoring purposes), a multi-channel file can be opened, edited and saved like any other set of mono/stereo files. Featuring comprehensive controls to make precise editing easier, it’s also possible for external editors to work on selected channels only. The detailed new selection options include highly flexible frequency-domain selection in the Spectrum Editor. In the Audio Montage, automatic splitting of multi-channel audio files into mono or stereo clusters makes it fast to import a large multi-channel file. This also allows plug-ins to process channel clusters independently of one another.
Track Groups for multitrack/stems workflows
Track Groups comprise audio tracks which are routed to a group bus, before the signal continues through the Montage output and then Master sections. This provides an additional summing stage with effects plug-ins, gain and pan controls. Track Groups are especially useful for stem mastering and, alongside Track Lanes, another way to apply a common track group effect chain to stem mastering projects.
Track Groups can be created by selecting tracks from a corresponding Group Channel. Using the Track Group Editor, tracks and track groups can be named/renamed, have colors assigned and moved per drag and drop.
Track Lanes for multitrack/stems workflows
Track Lanes is a flexible new feature that can divide an audio track into eight sub lanes, each lane hosting audio clips, a facility especially useful when working with mix stems inside the Montage. As well as clip effects, track effects can be applied to all clips, providing a final processing chain for all stems on the track. Track Lanes can also be used for sound design tasks like assembling, editing and processing sound effects from layered clips. Each Track Lane features comprehensive controls for selection, solo/mute, fold/unfold, lanes can be converted to tracks, selected tracks can be merged as lanes and more.
Parameter automation with clip envelopes
You can now use clip envelopes to automate the parameters of VST 3 plug-ins. Along with the volume, pan and effect wet/dry parameters, clip envelopes are managed from the new Automation Envelope panel in the Inspector window. Envelopes can be assigned to parameters by right-clicking on the parameter, single envelope points can be text edited, envelopes can be turned on/off and their visibility is easily managed, individually or globally.
As well as the WaveLab analysis meter, WaveLab 11 features a new professional analysis tool, SuperVision. SuperVision is a fully customizable, multi-meter audio analyzer, with 27 different modules that can be applied in up to nine module slots for level, spectral, phase and waveform analysis. It allows the creation of a fully customized layout for a supremely accurate visual picture of any audio project. Multiple instances can be opened to monitor the audio signal at different stages.
New VST 3 effects plug-ins
WaveLab 11 includes a range of new VST 3 effects plug-ins, delivering even greater possibilities for the most surgically precise sound-shaping.
- DeReverb: DeReverb is a completely new plug-in for WaveLab, designed to remove the reverb from the input signal in real time. Using an impulse response generated by a physical mode, the plugin has a Learn function to record the input signal and set the physical model parameters for the impulse response.
- LIN Pro dithering: The new LIN Pro dithering plug-in replaces outdated engines that rely on decades-old approaches to dithering. Developed by the plug-in specialists at MAAT Audio, the new dithering plug-in delivers top-notch results.
- Frequency 2: Frequency 2’s eight bands can be individually set to dynamic mode. Dynamic bands support sidechaining, there is a Linear Phase mode for each band and a spectrum display.
- Squasher: The dynamic Squasher combines up and down compression for up to three bands. It’s designed to help lead sounds cut through, tame aggressive bass frequencies and enhance subtle reverberation.
- Imager: Imager is designed to achieve a cleaner mix by placing audio tracks in up to four bands in the stereo field, to expand or reduce the stereo width. It includes individual scope and correlation displays.
- Quadrafuzz v2: Quadrafuzz is a versatile multi-band, multi-mode distortion which can be creatively applied to any sound, delivering everything from the subtlest warmth to crushing fuzz.
- MixConvert V6: Loaded into one of the Playback Processing slots in the Master Section, MixConvert allows the monitoring of surround audio in a stereo environment, with options to downmix surround audio to several target setups. A dedicated channel mixer allows very fine-tuning.
- VST AmbiDecoder: VST AmbiDecoder decodes a first, second or third order Ambisonics mix to immersive, HRTF-based binaural sound for headphones, or to an immersive sound speaker configuration. Users can import an HTRF file for their individual head and ear shapes.
Replacing audio in video
In WaveLab 11, part or all the audio of a video file can be replaced with the audio from another track. The original audio can also be refined and replaced with an edited version, without changing the video quality. Importing, editing and rendering are straightforward. (It is recommended that any video editing should be completed in a dedicated video application before refining the audio in WaveLab).
Podcast host service support
WaveLab 11 comes with the same podcast features as the dedicated WaveLab Cast. They include the direct upload of podcasts to five popular podcast hosts: Buzzsprout, Castro, PodBean, SoundCloud and Spreaker. For more detailed information on these features, please visit the WaveLab Cast product page.
WaveLab 11 includes simplified ducking — using an audio track to control the volume of a different one. The ducking controls on an Audio Montage track allow one or more modulator tracks to control the ducked track. Straightforward parameters include Voice Threshold (triggers the Ducker), Music Attenuation (the level reduction on the ducked track), fade out/in times/profiles and how long the volume on the ducked track is reduced for.
New Clean and Enhance track inspector sections
The Track Inspector adds two new sections with specialized channel strips for real-time audio processing, radically simplifying the enhancement of audio tracks with straightforward “one knob” controls. Alongside the familiar Insert Effects and Gain and Pan sections, the new Clean and Enhance sections provide very quick and easy ways of cleaning up and improving the quality of audio recordings.
Audio montage performance boost
WaveLab Pro now supports multi-core processing for audio montages, increasing the processing performance of montages with multiple tracks, clips, and effects. This is especially noticeable when working with multiple tracks or/and overlapping clips, for instance when stem mastering. It is now also possible to suspend the processing of track plug-ins if their input signal is detected as silent, conserving CPU resources.
New Start-Up Assistant
The Start-Up Assistant has been revised and divided into Recent and Templates sections, which can be filtered by file types. An additional search field allows you filtering by name, using text input.
Revised external FX plug-in window
The external FX plug-in window has been overhauled with level meters for the input and output gain sections to avoid audio clipping. An image of the external device can also be added for reference.
VST plug-in handling features
Improvements to VST 2 and VST 3 plug-in handling include each instance now having its own, independent undo/redo history; switching between two independent plug-in parameter sets for easy comparison of different settings; saving plug-in parameter settings as a custom default preset and separate controls for Bypass Effect and Listen to Effect Signal Only in the Master Section plug-in header.
- Operating systems (Windows): 64-bit Windows 10 Version 20H2, 64-bit Windows 10 Version 21H1
- Operating systems (Mac): macOS Catalina, macOS Big Sur
- Apple silicon–based Mac: Rosetta 2 App
- CPU minimum: 64-bit Intel or AMD multi-core
- CPU recommended: Intel i5 or faster
- RAM minimum: 4 GB
- RAM recommended: 8 GB
- Hard disk free space: 4 GB
- Display resolution recommended: 1920 x 1080
- Port: USB Type-A for USB-eLicenser
- OS compatible audio hardware
- ASIO compatible audio hardware recommended for low-latency performance
- Internet connection for license activation, installer download, account sign up and product registration
Please fill out the form below and a Vintage King Audio Consultant will contact you with a ship date for the Steinberg WaveLab Pro 11 - Retail Box.
When it comes to getting the best gear, your tastes are probably pretty particular. Vintage King can help answer any and every question to help you make the right decisions for your sound. Fill out the form below and we'll be in contact with you shortly.
Free shipping to the lower 48 US states on orders $99 and up. See details.
* Required Fields