Steinberg UR12 Portable USB Interface
Combining an extremely compact design, extraordinary build quality, full iPad connectivity, and the outstanding D-PRE mic preamp, the Steinberg UR12 redefines quality for its class of 2-in 2-out USB interfaces. 24/192 converters offer you outstanding levels of audio fidelity, while the D-PRE gives your microphone recordings incredible detail, depth and dynamics.
Ultra-compact with full-on audio quality
The UR12 proves how many first-class components can fit into a compact device at a very competitive price point. Its cleverly engineered capabilities give you all the I/O you need to quickly record your tracks at a quality that would just a few years ago have seemed impossible on a recording device at this price point. The acclaimed D-PRE offers a sumptuously detailed, wonderfully dynamic sound, while the second input offers access to a Hi-Z input for guitars or basses. Featuring recording in stunning 24-bit quality at a whopping 192 kHz, the UR12 offers almost unheard of fidelity for recording in its class.
Portable and affordable
The UR12 has been engineered not only to offer the maximum functionality and quality in an extremely compact design, but also to be available at a very low price point. Often, smaller interfaces that are affordable for those on a tight budget mean (at best) average audio quality; this ethos has been transcended by the UR12, with its first-rate components, fantastic price/value ratio and exceedingly portable design.
The UR12 offers a Class Compliant mode for connectivity with Apple’s iPad and iPhone. Combining the UR12 with an iOS audio application like Steinberg’s Cubasis gives you a remarkably intuitive music production experience. If you’re running your UR12 with an iOS device, just add a portable USB battery or any standard USB power supply to provide the interface with the required current.
Integrate your system
The UR12 is compatible with all major audio editing, mastering and music production software supporting the ASIO, Core Audio or WDM standard.
UR12 also includes a special version of Cubase, Cubase AI, to offer a complete production environment in one package. And Cubase users also benefit from the auto-setup functionality which handles configuration of input and output channels and buses from within Cubase for a uniquely integrated music production environment.
Newcomers to music production
The UR12 is the ideal interface for newcomers to digital music production, looking to record their first tracks and explore a new world of writing, recording and mixing music on their computer. Offering all the I/O needed to record vocals and guitars in outstanding quality, the UR12 also includes a streamlined and upgradable version of Cubase, Steinberg’s legendary music production system. Available at a price point that will appeal directly to musicians making their first foray into making music on a computer, the UR12 is nevertheless built to exacting standards of quality, with first-class preamps and rugged metal casing that is made to last.
Pro musicians on tour
Professional musicians on tour requiring an ultra-compact interface that makes no compromises in terms of either build or recording quality need look no further. The UR12 offers the outstanding D-PRE preamp, a Hi-Z input for connecting electric guitars and basses and a headphones output for monitoring on a plane, tour bus or in a hotel room. Its small size means that it will easily fit into your hand luggage, while the rugged metal case means that it is designed to deal with life on the road.
Live streaming of audio to the Internet
The UR12’s loopback function lets you broadcast your audio production live via the internet! Combine your live microphone signal feeding into the UR12’s mic input with the audio coming from, say, a recording of a college lecture and stream both live to the web. Or add a live voiceover to a music backing track, with both signals merged and looped back to your internet broadcasting software. You’re ready to reach the world…
Recording your friends and family — in professional studio quality
Creating recordings of those once-in-a-lifetime moments you share with the people around you can be so rewarding. And what a difference it can make if your child’s first faltering words are recorded at the poor sound quality offered by mobile phones or dictation devices but in sumptuous 24-bit/192 kHz resolution. The UR12 has everything you need to build a personal recording station in your own home, with a first-class microphone preamp and an easy-to-use program based on professional production software used by recording engineers around the world.
- 24-bit/192 kHz: Top-of-the-range converters provide a maximum sampling rate of 192 kHz and a resolution of 24 bits, delivering pristine audio quality.
- One Class-A D-PRE mic preamp: Yamaha’s highly acclaimed D-PRE preamp delivers a truly transparent and beautifully detailed sound that is unrivaled in this product class
- Rugged metal casing: Built to the most exacting standards by Yamaha’s experienced engineers, the UR12’s metal chassis is rugged enough to withstand all the rigors of the road
- Major recording software compatible: The UR12 is compatible with all major audio editing, mastering, and music production software supporting ASIO, Core Audio or WDM standard
- iOS connectivity: UR12 offers connectivity with Apple’s iPad and iPhone, when paired with Steinberg’s iPad-based Cubasis music app or other iOS audio apps, the UR12 offers a portable and intuitive production experience
- Latency-free hardware monitoring: The UR12 features latency-free hardware monitoring with an easy-to-use monitor source switch that allows you to choose between the direct signal and the output of your host application
- Power source selector: On the UR12 a 5 V DC port is provided to supply sufficient power when using it with an iPad or iPhone, a standard USB power adaptor or an external USB battery can be connected to guarantee power stability
- Loopback function: UR12 offers an easy way to streaming performances live to the internet, with incoming audio signals merged to the playback signal from Cubase or other DAWs inside the computer
- Cubase AI included: Based on the same core technologies as the popular Cubase DAW, Cubase AI offers an intuitive feature set for composing, recording, editing and mixing
- Cubasis LE included: Cubasis LE is a streamlined version of Steinberg’s popular iOS music production app, offering professional music production on your iPad
|Number of Inputs||2|
|Input Connectors||1/4-inch TRS, Analog XLR|
|Number of Outputs||2|
|Output Connectors||RCA, 1/4-inch TRS|
|Number of Preamps||1|
|Maximum Sampling Rate||192 kHz|
Please fill out the form below and a Vintage King Audio Consultant will contact you with a ship date for the Steinberg UR12 Portable USB Interface.
When it comes to getting the best gear, your tastes are probably pretty particular. Vintage King can help answer any and every question to help you make the right decisions for your sound. Fill out the form below and we'll be in contact with you shortly.
Free shipping to the lower 48 US states on orders $99 and up. See details.
* Required Fields