Steinberg SpectraLayers Pro 8 Advanced Audio Spectrum Editor - Electronic Delivery
8-channel audio restoration and design software with an unmatched selection of tools developed over many years now joined by new artificial intelligence-driven audio extraction and repair processes
Steinberg SpectraLayers Pro 8 delivers audio empowerment by showing sounds as visual objects. You can explore, reach in, take and transform, working wonders on tasks ranging from repairing and restoring audio to freeform sound design. Unmatched selection tools developed over many years are now joined by new artificial intelligence-driven audio extraction and repair processes, making this the most significant version of SpectraLayers yet.
Artificial Intelligence. Sensory Integration.
Looking at audio on a spectrograph display is one thing, but the ability to easily touch, sculpt and shape what you see is what sets SpectraLayers apart. And now you have a skilled, highly trained AI partner that can sense patterns, perform operations and speed you on your way to perfect audio.
A foundation for AI-enhanced processing
The manual selection tools in SpectraLayers allow everything from broad brush editing to microscopic intervention. AI-assisted processes bring even more speed and precision, making the SpectraLayers tool set and layers-based workflow more powerful and flexible than ever.
From pure science to free improvisation
Use AI speed and precision to split a sample into layers and create freeform mixes. Automatically unmix tracks into stems, and stems into component parts. Quickly identify, isolate, and work on the tone, transients and noise signatures of extracted instruments. Do you make experimental music? Get granular and mold sound with surgical precision in SpectraLayers. It’s a freeform music creation tool… a genuine musical instrument.
Repair and restore
Find and erase errors and unwanted sounds, reduce noise, repair clips, remove clicks, tame transients and much more — manually or automatically — with the new AI-assisted processes in SpectraLayers. Work with speed and precision, and enjoy the satisfaction as you routinely salvage tracks and perform audio enhancements in ways you never thought possible.
The ARA era
Today’s audio production platforms need to work in both the waveform and spectral domains. What engineers want is serious application power, coupled with the flexibility to deliver the best in creative options, accessibility and workflow. Thanks to advanced ARA 2 technology, which is designed to build bridges between audio editing applications, SpectraLayers can be launched inside Nuendo, Cubase and a host of applications from other developers to provide comprehensive, non-destructive visual editing right on the DAW timeline.
Use high-precision tools to make super-detailed audio selections on the spectral display. Extract this material to independent layers for processing, in SpectraLayers or anywhere in the DAW ecosystem. Mix and render, or keep your edits preserved on the DAW timeline. With ARA 2 support, you can launch SpectraLayers directly into the Cubase/Nuendo waveform display window for the ultimate in real-time program integration.
Your personal pathway
SpectraLayers delivers AI-assisted spectral editing capabilities and seamless DAW integration. The entry-level Elements edition can perform precise error correction and includes automatic noise and hum reduction processes, as well as selected AI-assisted processes including vocal unmixing. The Pro edition features more comprehensive tools, along with the most sophisticated AI implementation. Now with second-generation AI and enhanced ARA 2 support, SpectraLayers is a standalone powerhouse and a superb extension for Cubase and Nuendo, bringing SpectraLayers magic directly into the DAW timeline.
SECOND-GENERATION AI PROCESSING WITH A HUMAN TOUCH
SpectraLayers 8 delivers a blend of process, tool, and workflow improvements. AI-driven processes now reach across layers to accomplish precision de-bleeding and more. Selection tools now provide more control over harmonics, attenuation, and pitch. Workflow enhancements — including improved ARA 2 DAW integration — bring the magic directly into your DAW project timeline. Immerse yourself in powerful, practical workflows with speed and depth, moving with ease from critical audio rescue missions to the most sophisticated sound design adventures in digital audio.
- SMARTER AI: Second-generation AI implementation in SpectraLayers includes the ability to work across multiple layers in the De-Bleed process, the introduction of AI in the Reverb Reduction process, and the addition of an alternate AI option in the Voice Denoiser. AI is proliferating quickly throughout the entire application, with all-new processes, improved code in existing AI-driven processes, and supercharged legacy tools with fresh new AI implementations.
- AMBIENCE MATCHING: Register a selection anywhere on the spectral graph as a room tone or background texture and apply the sound anywhere in your project. Try this feature in ARA mode on the Cubase and Nuendo timelines for effortless sweetening in post.
- EQ MATCHING: Register a selection anywhere on the spectral graph as an EQ profile and apply the profile across layers to achieve sonic conformity. Use this adjustable algorithm at the tracking and mastering stages in music, as well as to establish uniformity in post.
- DE-BLEED PROCESS: De-bleed drum kit tracks and other isolated instrument tracks with AI-driven accuracy, but don't stop there — try this new algorithm on other tasks where one layer can serve as the selection basis for operations on another.
- AI-ASSISTED REVERB REDUCTION PROCESS: Originally launched in SpectraLayers Pro 3, Reverb Reduction is now an AI-fueled process. Identifying and attenuating room resonances has never been cleaner, smarter, or more effective.
NEW AND IMPROVED TOOLS
- IMPROVED VOICE DENOISER: Perfect for cleaning up location interview recordings, the Voice Denoiser is trained to recognize and isolate the human voice. SpectraLayers Pro 8 now features two AI algorithms to choose from. Together they cover all the bases, from spoken word to sung vocals.
- IMPROVED ARA 2 INTEGRATION: ARA 2 integration in SpectraLayers 7 and Cubase Pro 11 introduced the ability to drag and drop layers directly on to the DAW timeline. SpectraLayers 8 streamlines the ARA 2 workflow even further, by allowing multiple independent SpectraLayers projects to exist within the DAW project.
- PATTERN FINDER: Select a target sound and then trigger a search to automatically locate and select every other similar sound in the spectrum. New in SpectraLayers, multiple complex selections can now be saved with projects and recalled for later use.
ALSO NEW IN SPECTRALAYERS 8
- Refined AI implementation now provides more audible results in addition to user-controlled peak-shaping capabilities
- In addition to using the existing Harmonics Selection tool, you can now select harmonics automatically based on a single selected frequency, with full control over the designated fundamental frequency, as well as the number of harmonics to be selected
- Optional user-defined upper and lower boundaries on the Amplifier and Eraser tools can now be dialed in to constrict the dynamic range according to your needs, avoiding accidental unnatural-sounding gaps and unwieldy volume spikes
- Pitch shifting is now scalable by semitone percentages, for faster and more accurate editing of music content
- Listen to a selection as you make it. Customize selection attributes, such as fades, even during the process of making selections. Get real-time audio feedback as you refine your selections on the spectral graph
- Now in SpectraLayers Pro 8, you can save multiple selections with your Projects. Recall multiple selections sequentially with flexible merge options. The ability to store and recall complex selections increases the utility of the Select Similar feature in particular
- Copy from one channel, paste to another. This new feature is useful in both repair/restore and sound design scenarios; repair one channel with material selected from another, and copy/paste events in the stereo field as you shape your soundstage
- SpectraLayers Pro 8 is now 384 kHz-capable, extending program functionality to ultra-high-end audio interfaces such as Steinberg's own AXR4
|Software Delivery||Electronic Delivery|
|Plug-In Format||AAX, AU, VST3, Standalone|
|Operating System||Mac, Windows|
Please fill out the form below and a Vintage King Audio Consultant will contact you with a ship date for the Steinberg SpectraLayers Pro 8 Advanced Audio Spectrum Editor - Electronic Delivery.
When it comes to getting the best gear, your tastes are probably pretty particular. Vintage King can help answer any and every question to help you make the right decisions for your sound. Fill out the form below and we'll be in contact with you shortly.
Free shipping to the lower 48 US states on orders $99 and up. See details.
* Required Fields