Standard Audio Level-Or (Demo Deal) – No Longer Available
In "Level" mode, the Level-Or acts very much like the Level-Loc. An additional, faster release time has been added for even more flexibility and a broader range of compressed sounds.
In "Crunch" mode, the Level-Or sets itself apart from anything else like it. By sweeping the input level over the range provided, a huge palette of sounds can be reached from slight harmonic enhancement, to aggressive crunch, to buzz-saw like distortion, to complete and utter destruction of the original source material.
Between these two available modes, there is a huge array of sounds that can be produced from this unit. Simple drum loops can be taken from boring to unique and drum room mics can be crushed or distorted to taste adding size and character to the overall sound. Bass, guitar, and keyboard sounds can be manipulated, taking on completely new and different sounds than the original source material.
*Note: Due to the nature of the design of this unit, it is very aggressive sounding; with noticeable pumping, distortion, and some noise.
We consider this a good thing!
- Transformer balanced input
- Electronically balanced, line level output stage capable of driving balanced loads as low as 600 ohms.
- Two modes of operation:
- Level – Sound of unit is dominated by JFET limiter
- Crunch – Sound of unit is dominated by harmonic distortion from the discrete transistor-based, Class A amplification stages
- Additional release time added that is twice as fast as original release
- Output level control to enable the input of the Level-Or to be driven hard without clipping the device that the Level-Or is driving (DAW input, Tape Machine, Console Line Amplifier, etc).
- ¼" line input on front panel
|Condition||Demo / B-Stock|
|Tube or Solid State||Solid State|
|Module Type||500 Series|
|Module Slot Count||1 Slot|
Ever wanted a Level-Loc with balanced I/O and not the insane noise level of the real thing? Yeah, me too! Love these dudes. I've got a pair and if an aggressive rock mix comes my way then they are pretty much always on paralell drum bus and/or vocals. One of those secret weapons that's a little bit of a one-trick-pony, but when you need that pony then you ride off into the sunset, recall free. Worth it's wait in recalls. Rock a pair and experiment.
* Required Fields
Please fill out the form below and a Vintage King Audio Consultant will contact you with a ship date for the Standard Audio Level-Or (Demo Deal).
When it comes to getting the best gear, your tastes are probably pretty particular. Vintage King can help answer any and every question to help you make the right decisions for your sound. Fill out the form below and we'll be in contact with you shortly.
Free shipping to the lower 48 US states on orders $99 and up. See details.
* Required Fields