SSL Soundscape V6 – No Longer Available
Mission Critical Applications
Soundscape V6 is designed to satisfy the requirements of professional recording engineers in sophisticated, demanding, high pressure environments. Historically Soundscape has enjoyed an enviable reputation for total reliability and stability and V6 maintains and builds upon the tradition. Soundscape V6 offers up to 128 channels of simultaneous recording and playback at 24bit/96kHz, whilst running large amounts of plug-in processing and utilizing sophisticated mixer architecture to deliver complex monitoring set ups… and it does it elegantly without over-stretching the host computer. It offers truly professional performance and stability.
Benchmark Audio Quality
The Solid State Logic brand is synonymous with the highest standards of audio performance, setting quality standards for others to follow. Soundscape V6 maintains these standards at every step of the production process. In addition to expected high quality recording, a suite of SSL plug-ins that includes the SSL Channel EQ, Channel Dynamics and Stereo Bus Compressor provide processing tools with the perfect balance of precision and unique tonal character. For those who mix inside the box Soundscape V6 offers a superior Double Precision digital mix bus.
Optimized For Real Time Performance
The Soundscape V6 flexible mixer architecture, true multi client operation and stunning ‘near zero’ latency creates a powerful system with the versatility to create multiple (or duplicate) multi channel record feeds, to create multiple headphone/artist monitor feeds or to build Mix Minus monitor feeds in Broadcast applications with SSL Console Grade quality processing.
State Of The Art I/O
The MX4 PCIe card offers 128 channels of fiber optic MADI I/O presented as a pair of 64 Channel connections. MADI fiber is a lossless digital audio format that can be combined with SSL Alpha-Link audio format converters, connected directly to suitably equipped consoles, or integrated with Broadcast Routers to deliver a very high channel count with uncompromising audio quality.
Advanced Shared Network Workflow
V6 offers true collaborative workflow at the very heart of its architecture. It is designed to accommodate and encourage collaborative file and project exchange between multiple audio engineer ‘seats’ either working independently with remote file distribution/exchange or connected locally via a gigabit Ethernet or Fibrechannel network and central storage (NAS or SAN) infrastructure. V6 is optimised for multi file format workflow with the facility to use Soundscape Take, standard Wav and Broadcast Wav file types with different bit-depths on a single timeline without conversion, dramatically speeding workflow.
Soundscape V6 Key Features
- High channel count – up to 128 channels of simultaneous audio record/playback
- Optimized for real time performance – near zero latency, sophisticated monitoring options
- Total reliability – extremely robust system delivers industrial strength stability
- Requires MX4 PCIe card – dual 64 channel MADI I/O, DSP, multi-core powered multi-client drivers
- Sounds superb – benchmark SSL audio quality inside the box from recording to mixdown
- Highly evolved User Interface - streamlined Audio Editing with many workflow options
- SSL channel EQ, Dynamics and Bus Comp plug-ins – DSP powered legendary SSL sound inside the box
- Supports standard native VST plug-ins running alongside our DSP powered plug-ins
- The legacy collection of plug-ins from other manufacturers remain available for Soundscape from the SSL web shop
- Soundscape Hybrid Core Audio Engine – 32/64 Bit driver powered Recording/Mixing Engine utilising MX4 card DSP’s and multi core host processing
- Multi format projects – 16/24 Bit & different file formats on a single track without converting
- Local or networked collaboration – multiple users connected via standard Gigabit Ethernet
|Software Delivery||Retail Box|
Please fill out the form below and a Vintage King Audio Consultant will contact you with a ship date for the SSL Soundscape V6.
When it comes to getting the best gear, your tastes are probably pretty particular. Vintage King can help answer any and every question to help you make the right decisions for your sound. Fill out the form below and we'll be in contact with you shortly.
Free shipping to the lower 48 US states on orders $99 and up. See details.
* Required Fields