Inquire about package bundles!
- Let us quote you on a complete turnkey system bundle with patch bay/cabling/DAW/outboard pre’s-eq’s/Monitors/Headphone system
- We can arrange complete system install and configuration on site.
is a new affordable small format console configuration that encapsulates a high quality 16 channel, 40 input analogue line mixer with a multilayer 16 fader DAW controller. Designed for both acquisition and mixing, Matrix is pivotal in the integration of existing boutique signal processing in a professional DAW based project studio environment. An integrated signal router offers DAW style plug in management in the analogue domain and eliminates the need for complex external hardware interfacing of outboard equipment. On board Total Recall fully supports up to 6 SSL X-Rack Modular Rack system to further expand the processing and mixing capabilities of the system. More than 40 summing SuperAnalogue inputs, enough for a substantial mix. 16 Dual Line channels that provide 32 line signals each with foldback capability. Six aux busses, for complex tracking sessions and foldback requirements. Analogue routing matrix with reset for instant routing and recall.17 motorized faders with multiple layers for working with different DAW applications simultaneously over TCPIP via Ethernet.
Matrix includes as standard, a fully balanced and resettable Super Analogue™ router to manage the sends and returns of sixteen outboard processor units together with the assignment of the console’s channel strip insert points. In addition to patch free insertion of outboard processing into the channel strips, complex processing chains can be created which can include single ended devices such as Mic Pre’s and Instrument DI’s as part of the chain. In many cases this feature will eliminate the need for any external patch bay and dramatically simplify integrating Matrix into the project studio environment. Powerful Main, Mini and Independent ‘Artist’
Monitor Output for deriving a separate monitor output for headphones or a recording area. Five additional stereo Monitoring inputs with SUM mode allowing multiple inputs to be monitored simultaneously. Stereo Inputs include AES/EBU and Optical Digital I/O with on board SSL quality AD/DA converter. Analogue monitoring also includes features such as SuperCue and foldback for low latency monitoring performance.
SSL’s trademark Logictivity provides direct communication to XRack IO systems for Total Recall Management. An accompanying Matrix Studio Browser application manages Total Recall setups, controls the integral signal router, and configures DAW control soft keys & keystroke macros. This is application can run on the same computer as the workstation software or on a separate Mac/PC.
All this means that Matrix puts the operator in charge of the process and the technology.
Solid State Logic Matrix Console Key Features:
Integrate your analogue outboard
- 16 Mono Line channels with two separate inputs per strip
- 32 x 16 x 16 insert router for up to 16 external processing devices
- Stereo Aux Send and 4 Mono Sends per channel
- ‘Input to Cue Stereo’ doubles mixdown channel count
- ‘In Line’ DAW monitoring with ‘SuperCue’ headphone mode
- Dual Stereo Mix Busses with summing Inserts and reassign
- 4 Stereo Returns with full stereo mix bus routing
- Stereo digital I/O (S/PDIF, AES/EBU) with SSL converter technology
- Stereo monitoring with independent Main and Mini monitor outputs
- 3 External Monitor inputs with source summing
- iJack front panel Monitor input
- Artist Monitor output with independent EQ and monitor source selection
- 16 motorised faders with multiple layer DAW control
- General purpose MIDI controller mode
- Additional motorised ‘Focus’ fader for simultaneous DAW/Console control
- Programmable function keys for keyboard key strokes/macros
- New DAW-based MIDI Fader automation
- Ethernet MIDI connectivity and PC/MAC Browser Interface
Imagine being able to access your favourite combinations of analogue outboard equipment and apply them to your project without ever leaving the console.
The Matrix SuperAnalogue™ router manages the sends and returns of up to 16 outboard processor units together with the assignment of the console’s channel strip insert points. Using the Insert Matrix control panel software, any combination of your outboard gear can be rapidly inserted into any of your console channels, essentially giving you the ability to run your outboard as ‘analogue plug-ins’ within your DAW. Features
Control your DAW
- Integrated 32x16x16 routing matrix - Say goodbye to complicated patch bays
- Analogue plug-ins - Insert your analogue outboard into your DAW audio path
- On-screen control interface - Comprehensive routing control panel runs on your DAW computer
- Save FX chains and set-ups - Fast configuration and recall of your outboard chains
At the heart of your studio, Matrix reaches out to give comprehensive control over your DAW environment, reinstating the console to its role as creative hub.
With HUI or MCU modes, the 16 motorised faders and channel controls provide complete hands-on control over your DAW mixer, allowing you to enjoy mixing on a tactile, fully-featured control surface. Additionally, Matrix gives you access to transport & navigation functions, plug-in & virtual instrument parameters, and essential DAW commands, allowing you to work quickly and easily using just the console surface.
For crucial track adjustment, our unique 'Focus Fader' mode enables the Master Fader (and accompanying V-Pot) to control any channel within your DAW environment that is not part of the currently selected layer, perfect for time saving in mixdown. Features
Mixing and Monitoring
- 16+1 fader controller & channel controls - Console control over DAW fader, pan and send levels
- Ethernet DAW connection - Avoids multiple cables and additional interface boxes
- Plug-in & virtual instrument control - Map plug-in parameters to faders, V-pots etc. via MIDI
- Control up to 4 DAWs simultaneously - Work freely in Logic, Cubase, Digital Performer - your choice
- Programmable soft-keys for DAW shortcuts - Rapid access to essential DAW commands (up to 350 per DAW layer)
- Full DAW transport control - Punch-friendly controls and navigation wheel
It hardly needs to be said, but alongside its integration of your analogue and digital equipment, Matrix is also a first-class SSL mixer drawing on our 30 years of analogue console design.
The essential functions of recording and mixing; routing, level measurement and monitoring are organised and arranged to make everything available at your fingertips to streamline the entire recording and mixing process.
Matrix analogue architecture provides 16 channels, each with its own dedicated output. Dual Stereo Mix Busses and 4 Stereo Returns with full stereo mix bus routing bring the total available inputs to mix to 40.
Powerful monitoring is a central feature of Matrix with independent Main and Mini monitor outputs, Artist Monitor output with independent EQ & source selection and three External Monitor inputs with source summing. Features:
- 16 SuperAnalogue™ channels - Each with two inputs per channel, a dedicated Channel Output, Stereo Aux Send and four mono Aux Sends
- DAW automation control of Matrix - Motorised fader automation from your DAW via MIDI
- Dual Stereo Mix Busses - With summing inserts and reassign
- 4 Stereo Returns - With full stereo mix bus routing
- DAW Monitor mode - Allows 'zero-latency' monitoring/recording
- Stereo monitoring - With Main and Mini outputs
- Artist Monitor section - With independent EQ
- 3 External Monitor inputs - With source summing
- iJack monitor input - 3.5mm stereo front panel monitor input