SPL Volume 2 - Black
Who needs analog level control?
Simply put—most DAW (Digital Audio Workstation) users. A majority of D/A converters and sound cards provide nothing in the way of analog level monitoring control, and this means the necessity of varying signal levels at the converter outputs. The result is a lowered bit rate in the monitoring signal, which can lead to commensurate loss of audio quality. A further, very interesting application area is in the construction of a straight, audiophile-quality stereo playback chain, where the SPL Volume 2 is situated between the playback machine and either power amp and speakers or simply active speaker system. In such cases, the playback machine must offer analog outputs. This provides for minimal financial and electronic efforts through the most direct possible playback path.
Additional Reasons for employing the Volume2
High quality balancing stages with extremely good common mode rejection (minimize interferences and disturbances in the signal paths)
The mute switch allows for very fast reaction times in cases where loud speakers or ears should be protected (for example, with computer crashes)
Users of analog summing without monitoring facilities can cost effectively improve their systems
The Volume2 is built only with analog circuitry and performance, and its high quality parts in sophisticated circuitry design are prerequisites to superior audio quality:
- High end volume potentiometer and illuminated mute switch from ALPS; the potentiometer controls signals directly (without VCA or DAC circuitry)
- Balanced XLR in- and outputs
- A high quality power supply with toroidal transformer
- Massive, 45 mm diameter aluminum knobs ensure consistent, refined handling
- The elegant, compact format housing (215 x 80 mm or 8.5 x 3.1 inch) allows for flexible desktop positioning near or under a computer monitor or generally saving space in positioning
Please fill out the form below and a Vintage King Audio Consultant will contact you with a ship date for the SPL Volume 2 - Black.
When it comes to getting the best gear, your tastes are probably pretty particular. Vintage King can help answer any and every question to help you make the right decisions for your sound. Fill out the form below and we'll be in contact with you shortly.
Free shipping to the lower 48 US states on orders $99 and up. See details.
* Required Fields