SPL Gain Station 1 AD Preamp with Digital Output
Today more than ever, your input signal has to sound as good as possible—the quality of your recorded tracks will define the end result. Attacking this problem on the preamplification front, with the goal of noticeably improving a signal and sending it along its path with a healthy foundation, requires a great deal of thought and engineering effort – like with the SPL GainStation 1.
Its very compact design allows for free placing also outside of a rack (e. g. close to the microphone). Musicians can place the GainStation 1 easily on a rack or amplifier.
- Separated Solid state and tube preamps. The tube preamp can be added to the solid state stage to add varying amounts of tube saturation from subtle to brutal
- Peak/FET Limiter
- Switchable Mic Input Impedance (200 Ohms, 1,2 & 10 kOhms)
- Custom-made, fully discrete, class A op-amps (no off-the-shelf stuff here), 60 V Rail operating voltage—twice as high as most common op-amps—for an incredible dynamic range
- All switch functions are handled by encapsulated relays with gold-plated contacts
- An extremely high amplifier slew rate of <40V/µs, ensuring clean transmission of high-frequency signal portions and rapid transients with virtually no clipping
- An almost entirely DC-coupled signal path, making signal-degenerating condensers unnecessary
- An optimized layout guarantees the shortest possible signal paths, while generously proportioned grounding surfaces ensure low impedance and maximum shielding
- All resistors are within 0.1% tolerance and were selected after extensive listening tests
- A no-compromise power supply with extensive additional shielding and seven separately wound and regulated voltages
- A tube stage utilizing premium MKP foil condensers and a select 12 AX7 LPS tube for clear, dynamic audio
- Optional 24/192 AD converter and Lundahl input transformer included
- Made in Germany
AD Converter Module 1090
The Analog/Digital Converter Module 1090 is an optional digital output for compatible SPL units (see below) with a plug-and-play design for easy installation.
It offers an S/P-DIF output with both coaxial and optical connectors in parallel. The heart of the module is a 24-bit converter with a variable sample rate of up to 192 kHz. Highly accurate quartz oscillators ensure a clean, low-jitter master clock. The internal sample rate can be switched between 44.1, 48, 88.2 and 96 kHz. Other sample rates (32, 176,4 and 192 kHz are set by external syncronization. The converter can be synced to other digital devices via a S/P-DIF input. The internal oscillators are automatically disabled when an external clock signal is present to prevent interference.
|Tube or Solid State||Tube/Solid State Hybrid|
|Input Connectors||1/4-inch TRS, Analog XLR|
|Output Connectors||1/4-inch TRS, Analog XLR, Digital RCA, Optical|
Please fill out the form below and a Vintage King Audio Consultant will contact you with a ship date for the SPL Gain Station 1 AD Preamp with Digital Output.
When it comes to getting the best gear, your tastes are probably pretty particular. Vintage King can help answer any and every question to help you make the right decisions for your sound. Fill out the form below and we'll be in contact with you shortly.
Free shipping to the lower 48 US states on orders $99 and up. See details.
* Required Fields