SPL Frontliner AD Channel Strip with Digital Output Module
The SPL Frontliner has all tools on board to record vocals and instruments in perfect quality: it merges a preamp, a de-esser, an EQ, a compressor and tube saturation. The SPL Frontliner with Digital Output includes the AD Converter Module 1090 which offers an S/P-DIF output with both coaxial and optical connectors in parallel.
The heart of the module is a 24-bit converter with a variable sample rate of up to 192 kHz. Highly accurate quartz oscillators ensure a clean, low-jitter master clock.
The internal sample rate can be switched between 44.1, 48, 88.2 and 96 kHz. Other sample rates (32, 176,4 and 192 kHz are set by external syncronization. The converter can be synced to other digital devices via a S/P-DIF input. The internal oscillators are automatically disabled when an external clock signal is present to prevent interference.
Thanks to its individual analog I/Os this hi-end analog processor can be use not only while recording but also during mixing. The Frontliner is therefore not reduced to a front-end device. DAW based studios can integrate high-grade analog processing at any stage of the audio production process.
- Three separate, individually optimized inputs for microphones, line signals and instruments
- Discrete transistors/tube hybrid preamplifier to combine the advantages – high dynamic range and low noise operation of semiconductors with the musical qualities of tube sounds (appealing top end, beautiful spacial impression)
- 250 volts tube circuits in the preamplifier and for tube saturation stages
- High-grade operational amplifiers from Burr-Brown at critical positions
- The De-Esser applies SPL's method of phase cancellation for reducing sibilants - this innovative approach works much more neutral than traditional compression methods – a unique method for unobtrusive results and extremely fast operation
- The compressor is operated by SPL’s double VCA drive circuitry - a differential stage eliminates side effects and the half load per VCA dramatically reduces THD
- The operational amplifiers for the compressor circuitry meet military specifications, therefore the regulating voltages are extremely precise – a precondition for high signal processing quality
- Selected condensers for the EQ filters with pleasant sound characteristics
- Central star ground wiring scheme minimizes influences that could affect the ground paths - the audio ground is separated from the ground of the remaining equipment leading to considerably improved tonal quality
- The power supply is built around two toroidal transformers, one for the audio voltages and one for the other supply voltages (tube heating, LEDs, micro controller etc.) - mutual interferences are excluded and lavishly over-dimensioned capacities ensure absolutely stable supplies for all audio circuitries
|Input Connectors||Analog XLR|
|Output Connectors||Analog XLR, Optical, S/PDIF Coaxial|
Please fill out the form below and a Vintage King Audio Consultant will contact you with a ship date for the SPL Frontliner AD Channel Strip with Digital Output Module.
When it comes to getting the best gear, your tastes are probably pretty particular. Vintage King can help answer any and every question to help you make the right decisions for your sound. Fill out the form below and we'll be in contact with you shortly.
Free shipping to the lower 48 US states on orders $99 and up. See details.
* Required Fields