The Sonnox Oxford Limiter
has been developed from decades of professional audio experience to provide a very high degree of quality and facility in programme loudness control and limiting functions. By employing highly accurate logarithmic side chain processing, along with innovative adaptive timing functionality using look ahead signal acquisition, the limiter provides exemplary performance, whether one is seeking general transparent level control, programme loudness maximization or heavily applied artistic sound effects.
Unique processing in the form of the Enhance function provides the sample value limiting needed to reliably avoid overloads in digital workstation environments and allows unprecedented volume and punch to be applied to programme beyond that available from conventional limiting functions.
Comprehensive metering is provided which displays not only conventional peak sample value, but additionally allows the user to monitor the true validity of the programme in order to avoid the generation of damaging reconstruction overloads in the target equipment which are often invisible during production (sometimes termed 'inter sample peaks').
A further function allows the user to dynamically correct for reconstruction overloads in real time, thereby achieving maximum possible modulation levels without the risks of producing illegal signals often associated with compression and limiting.
Comprehensive dithering functionality with selectable and variable depth noise shaping ensures first class mastering output quality in either 24 bit or 16 bit modes. Features
- Unique Enhance section - provides sample value limiting and enhances perceived loudness
- Ability to add harmonic distortion, where artistic style requires
- Variable soft knee control
- Attack and Release controls
- Reconstruction Meter shows 'actual' signal rather than sampled signal
- Auto compensate feature - corrects recon errors without losing overall programme loudness
- 16 and 24 bit dithering with 5 selectable types
- User has control over variable depth noise shaping
- 16 presets - some quite extreme!
Pro Tools HD (TDM), Pro Tools LE (RTAS), M-Powered (RTAS), PowerCore, AU, VST