Sonnox Oxford Elite Bundle - HD - Electronic Delivery
Want the best sounding plug-ins available at the best possible price? Don’t waste time and money collecting them one by one – save a massive 40% off the individual prices when buying the Sonnox Elite Collection.
All seven world renowned Oxford Plug-ins in a single bundle.
- Oxford EQ
- Oxford Dynamics
- Oxford Inflator
- Oxford Transient Modulator
- Oxford Reverb†
- Oxford Limiter
- Oxford SuprEsser
The Sonnox Oxford EQ plug-in is based on the OXF-R3 EQ section. It is a fully functional 5-band application with selectable shelf settings on LF and HF sections. Additionally, separate variable slope low pass and high pass filters are provided. The EQ also features 4 different selectable EQ types that cover most of the EQ styles currently popular amongst professional users, including some legacy styles which are renowned for their artistic capability. The use of novel coefficient generation and intelligent processing design provides unparalleled performance that surpasses analogue EQ in both sound quality and artistic freedom. This plug-in may well provide all the EQ you ever needed.
- Five band parametric design
- LF and HF Filters providing up to 36dB/Octave
- Four different EQ types
- Fully decramped HF response
- Support for sample rates up to and including 192kHz
- Fully automatable (inc. separate automation for A and B settings)
- Includes six plug-ins in total for optimal DSP usage (Mono and Stereo versions of EQ, Filters, and EQ and Filters)
The Oxford Dynamics plug-in is modeled on the extremely flexible and capable unit used in the OXF-R3 professional mixing console. Resulting from many years research into professional dynamics applications, it offers separate Compress, Limit, Expand, Gate and side chain EQ functions, with full independent control of all parameters. Features such as selectable time constant curves and variable soft compress functions allow the user to confidently tackle all common uses of compression, from subtle unobtrusive level control and mastering functions to the production of great artistic effects. The use of a feed-forward architecture with logarithmic side chain processing, making use of look-ahead techniques, ensures exemplary sonic characteristics and dynamic accuracy, with an artistic capability simply unavailable from other single units, analogue or digital. This highly sophisticated and professional product has the power and flexibility to obviate the need for many of the separate applications most users keep for specific uses.
- The dynamics section from Sony OXF-R3 console
- Separate sections for Compressor, Gate, Expander, Limiter
- 2-Band side chain EQ (with audition function)
- Warmth control for extra presence and tube-like warmth
- Three different compressor types (linear and exponential curves)
- Variable soft knee compressor
- Separate 5.1 bus compressor (where supported)
- Ultra low noise and distortion
The Sonnox Inflator is a unique process that can provide an increase in the apparent loudness of almost any program, without obvious loss of quality or audible reduction of dynamic range, yet avoiding damaging increases in the peak level of the signal. The inflator process can also bring power, presence and warmth to program material and even provide headroom overload margin above digital maximum with a subtlety and musical character reminiscent of tube systems.
No matter how limited, compressed and crushed your programme may already be the Inflator will provide even more loudness, it will even add volume to a full-scale white noise signal or add musicality to previously clipped signals! The Inflator was developed in response to requests from mixing and mastering engineers who are required to compete on the basis of the overall apparent loudness of their final results.
Use the Inflator to produce louder mixes than you thought possible without overloads or compression pumping, or use it to add natural warmth and character to acoustic or jazz mixes. Use it on single instruments to add presence, softness and depth, or use it on percussion and drum tracks to produce amazing dynamic presence, tightness and volume.
- Increases the loudness of almost any programme material.
- Creates warmth, character and dynamic excitement, similar to that of analogue systems.
- Provides virtual headroom above digital maximum to allow percussive peaks to pass without causing signal overload.
- Creates artistic effects ranging from subtle tube-like harmonic characteristics for warmth, presence and 'in your face' fatness, to outright saturation distortion modelling.
- Features two modes of operation - direct and band split - for maximum flexibility and artistic creativity. These two modes also ensure optimal DSP usage.
- TC Electronic PowerCore compatible
The Sonnox Transient Modulator is an application that allows dynamic level of signals to be modified by the transients in the programme material over time. The effect is to bring transient events in the programme forwards, or push them into to the background, such that the attacks of instruments can be accentuated or softened depending on settings.
The application was developed to address the common situation where there is a need to selectively tighten up percussive instruments or soften the unwanted percussive effects of acoustic musical instruments. Such effects are easily achieved with the Transient Modulator because its purpose-designed adaptive processing acts on differential information in the programme so that the overall long-term programme level is minimally affected and sensitivity to control parameters is drastically reduced.
- Radically changes the dynamics of instruments.
- Accentuates or flattens attacks and transients.
- Brings sounds forward or push them back.
- Increases or reduces the effects of ambience.
- Produces rounded and dynamic percussive effects.
- Hardens up and give life to dull or flat-sounding recordings and mixes, without the unwanted changes in overall timbre associated with multi-band compression techniques.
- Variable harmonic enhancement for extra loudness, presence and 'punch'.
- Increases overall modulation potential by the reduction of very short peaks.
Gain,Threshold & Deadband
When the Ratio fader is set positively, significantly larger peak levels can be produced, with potential to increase them up to 24dB greater than the original signal. Conversely, negative ratio values can reduce the overall levels significantly, therefore the Gain fader has been designed to operate over a considerable range.
Unlike the rest of the processing in the Transient Modulator, the Threshold knob sets an absolute value. Other processing is tracking changes in the waveform and is not related to any absolute setting. In this case, only signals above the Threshold knob setting will be processed. The greater the signal level above the threshold, the greater the effect, the Transient Modulator will have.
The Deadband knob sets a window below which transient changes will remain unaffected, preventing unwanted modification to lower level signals.
Ratio & Overshoot
The Ratio fader sets the amount of instantaneous change, positive or negative, to the signal. As an example, if the Ratio fader is set to +1.00, and a signal peak 10dB above the average occurs, the Transient Modulator could increase that to a 20dB peak.
The Overshoot fader sets the period over which dynamics changes occur. The lower values will cause just the initial transients and leading edges of signal changes to be affected. Whereas longer values will increasingly have more affect on the later portions of signal changes.
The Sonnox Oxford Reverb plug-in is a highly flexible stereo reverberation generator, designed to complement existing Sonnox Oxford applications in providing the user with the highest technical and sonic performance coupled with artistic and creative facility. As well as providing stunning presets, the user has full control over all of its many parameters, including a very comprehensive early reflections section, and integrated 5-band EQ. The Sonnox Oxford Reverb allows the powerful facility to create virtual spaces freely, depending on artistic need, ranging from dry reflection ambiences, room and hall simulations, sound effects, all the way to wide open reverberant spaces with a very large range of possible texture and spatial character.
- Extremely flexible reverberation generator.
- Detailed control over early reflections.
- Bring sounds forward or push them back.
- High quality Sonnox Oxford sound.
- Incorporated 5-band parametric EQ.
- Over 100 realistic, useful presets for music & post-production.
The Sonnox Oxford Limiter has been developed from decades of professional audio experience to provide a very high degree of quality and facility in programme loudness control and limiting functions. By employing highly accurate logarithmic side chain processing, along with innovative adaptive timing functionality using look ahead signal acquisition, the limiter provides exemplary performance, whether one is seeking general transparent level control, programme loudness maximization or heavily applied artistic sound effects.
Unique processing in the form of the Enhance function provides the sample value limiting needed to reliably avoid overloads in digital workstation environments and allows unprecedented volume and punch to be applied to programme beyond that available from conventional limiting functions.
Comprehensive metering is provided which displays not only conventional peak sample value, but additionally allows the user to monitor the true validity of the programme in order to avoid the generation of damaging reconstruction overloads in the target equipment which are often invisible during production (sometimes termed 'inter sample peaks').
A further function allows the user to dynamically correct for reconstruction overloads in real time, thereby achieving maximum possible modulation levels without the risks of producing illegal signals often associated with compression and limiting.
Comprehensive dithering functionality with selectable and variable depth noise shaping ensures first class mastering output quality in either 24 bit or 16 bit modes.
- Unique Enhance section - provides sample value limiting and enhances perceived loudness
- Ability to add harmonic distortion, where artistic style requires
- Variable soft knee control
- Attack and Release controls
- Reconstruction Meter shows 'actual' signal rather than sampled signal
- Auto compensate feature - corrects recon errors without losing overall programme loudness
- 16 and 24 bit dithering with 5 selectable types
- User has control over variable depth noise shaping
- 16 presets - some quite extreme!
A new concept is born – a simple and intuitive De-Esser, PLUS access to a much more sophisticated frequency specific compressor, giving complete control over aggressive frequencies wherever they may be in the audio spectrum. With the Oxford SuprEsser you can take out unwanted frequency peaks as and when they occur - unlike applying a fixed EQ to the whole channel.
As a De-Esser, the Oxford SuprEsser is designed for the treatment of sibilance and fricatives in vocals, and the treatment of unwanted whistles and 'spirant' artefacts associated with wind instruments. However, it can equally be applied to removing low-end 'plosives' and thuds from over-close vocal work, without affecting components nearby in the frequency spectrum, keeping the low-end in tact. For the most natural sounding results, the SuprEsser de-esses only the frequency band you set - so you won't end up with an over-de-essed lisp-like voice with all the top end gone!
Detailed visual feedback is provided thanks to the highly intuitive graphical display, allowing quick identification of the frequencies that need treatment and where to set the threshold. The threshold level and peak hold levels of the user-definable band are shown on the graph, alongside the FFT display of the narrow band signal, which includes retention of the peak level and the frequency containing the most energy.
At the heart of the Oxford SuprEsser is an enhanced version of the compressor section of the Oxford Dynamics plug-in, which is renowned amongst professional users for delivering precise and transparent control of peaks. Around this is built a pair of cross-over filters to make the compressor react only to the defined frequency band. These linear phase filters are modelled on the filters from the Oxford EQ, making the SuprEsser useful for precise mastering work as well as mixing work.
Three listen modes allow the user to listen to the mix, the output of the band-pass filter ('Inside') or the output of the band-reject filter ('Outside').
- Highly featured professional De-Esser
- Linear Phase Dynamic EQ
- Transparently controls aggressive frequencies
- Automatic Level Tracking follows energy levels (no need to automate threshold)
- Large intuitive graphic display makes finding frequencies very easy
- Full Spectrum Operation (20Hz -20KHz)
- Three different 'Listen' modes
- Very easy to use
- Advanced Mode for ultimate control of the Dynamic EQ
- Many creative as well as corrective uses
- Presets giving good starting points
Pro Tools HD (TDM), Pro Tools LE (RTAS), M-Powered (RTAS), PowerCore, AU, VST
|Software Delivery||Electronic Delivery|
|Plug-in Type||EQ, Dynamics, Reverb / Delay|
|Plug-In Format||AAX Native, AAX DSP, TDM, RTAS, AU, VST|
|Operating System||Mac, Windows|
Please fill out the form below and a Vintage King Audio Consultant will contact you with a ship date for the Sonnox Oxford Elite Bundle - HD - Electronic Delivery.
When it comes to getting the best gear, your tastes are probably pretty particular. Vintage King can help answer any and every question to help you make the right decisions for your sound. Fill out the form below and we'll be in contact with you shortly.
Free shipping to the lower 48 US states on orders $99 and up. See details.
* Required Fields