Sonnet Twin 10G Thunderbolt 3
Increased demand for greater data transfer speeds and more bandwidth over shared networks, plus the need for HD video editing support on high-performance shared storage systems has driven the explosion in demand for 10 Gigabit Ethernet (10GbE) networking—offering ten times the performance of Gigabit Ethernet, the most common wired network connection today. It’s no wonder. And yet, most computers aren’t equipped to get you connected. If your computer has a Thunderbolt 3 port, you are in luck - the Sonnet Twin 10G Thunderbolt 3 dual-port 10 Gigabit Ethernet adapter is the powerfully simple and cost effective solution for adding blazing-fast 10GBASE-T 10GbE network connectivity to any Mac or Windows computer with Thunderbolt 3 ports. The Twin 10G Thunderbolt 3 Edition adapter is equipped with two RJ45 ports, enabling it to connect to 10GbE infrastructure via inexpensive CAT-6 or CAT-6A copper cabling at distances up to 55 or 100 meters, respectively.
How simple? Just connect the Twin 10G Thunderbolt 3 Edition adapter to your computer via the included Thunderbolt 3 (40Gbps) cable, download and install a driver, connect the adapter to the network switch or directly to 10GbE-enabled storage via CAT-6 or CAT-6A cables, and configure the adapter’s settings through the macOS Network control panel or Windows Device Manager.
The Twin 10G Thunderbolt 3 Edition adapter attains its high throughput performance and low host-CPU utilization through functions such as flow control, 64-bit address support for systems using more than 4GB of physical memory; and stateless offloads such as TCP, UDP and IPv4 checksum offloading. These processes enable your computer to perform better while large files transfers or high I/O operations take place. This Sonnet adapter’s dual 10GbE connections support transparent failover to keep your computer connected in case a single cable is disconnected or one of the ports fails, and also support link aggregation (teaming) for increased throughput!
Small and Nearly Noiseless
The Twin 10G Thunderbolt 3 Edition adapter is compact enough to easily fit in most workspaces, yet large enough to support proper airflow inside the case—its design enables the adapter’s temperature-controlled, variable-speed fan to keep the adapter running cool and whisper-quiet at all times, making it suitable for use in noise-sensitive environments. Constructed of rugged and lightweight aluminum, the adapter’s outer shell securely protects the inner circuitry.
Thunderbolt 3 — The USB-C That Does It All
The Twin 10G Thunderbolt 3 Edition adapter includes two Thunderbolt 3 ports; the first connects the adapter to your computer, while the second supports daisy-chaining of up to five additional Thunderbolt peripheral devices to a single port on your computer. The Sonnet adapter includes 10Gbps USB 3.1 Gen 2 support, meaning you can connect a USB device to the second port using the proper cable or adapter. The Twin 10G also provides full support for connecting two 4K displays @ 60 Hz or one 5K display @ 60 Hz. For connected devices requiring extra power, 15 watts is provided to connected bus-powered devices.
Thunderbolt 3 (40Gbps) Cable and ThunderLok 3 Included
The Twin 10G Thunderbolt 3 Edition adapter includes a 0.5-meter Thunderbolt 3 cable to connect to your computer, and a Sonnet ThunderLok 3 Thunderbolt connector retainer clip to secure the cable to the adapter. Sonnet’s ThunderLok 3 helps prevent accidental cable disconnects that can lead to data loss, securing the Thunderbolt cable to the adapter. ThunderLok 3 is easy to install and use—just slide it over one of the cable’s connectors, plug in the connector, and then secure it to the adapter by turning a thumbscrew. Because ThunderLok doesn’t attach to the connector, it remains on the cable and won’t get lost when not in use.
- Simply powerful way to add dual RJ45 10 Gigabit Ethernet ports to your computer with Thunderbolt 3 ports
- Connects to 10GbE infrastructure via inexpensive CAT-6 or CAT-6A cables at distances up to 55 or 100 meters, respectively
- Configured through macOS Network control panel or Windows Device Manager
- Keeps your computer connected in case a single cable is disconnected or one of the ports fails
- Increases throughput beyond what a single connection can sustain in some applications
- Adapter is compact enough to sit on most any work surface, and quiet enough for use in noise-sensitive environments
- Rugged Aluminum Housing provides robust and secure protection
- Two Thunderbolt 3 Ports: one port reserved for connection to the computer; second port supports daisy-chaining of up to five additional Thunderbolt devices to your computer, attaching a single USB peripheral device, or connecting up to two 4K displays or one 5K display
- Provides up to 15 W of power to connected peripherals
- Thunderbolt 3 Cable & ThunderLok 3 Included—Includes 0.5-meter Thunderbolt 3 (40Gbps) cable and ThunderLok 3 Thunderbolt connector retainer clip to secure cable from accidental disconnections
|Package Contents||Twin 10G adapter, 0.5-meter Thunderbolt 3 (40Gbps) cable, ThunderLok 3 Thunderbolt connector retainer clip, universal power adapter, power cord, and documentation|
|Unit Weight||2.95 lb|
Please fill out the form below and a Vintage King Audio Consultant will contact you with a ship date for the Sonnet Twin 10G Thunderbolt 3.
When it comes to getting the best gear, your tastes are probably pretty particular. Vintage King can help answer any and every question to help you make the right decisions for your sound. Fill out the form below and we'll be in contact with you shortly.
Free shipping to the lower 48 US states on orders $99 and up. See details.
* Required Fields