Sonnet Twin 10G SFP+ 10GbE Thunderbolt 3 Adapter
Are you looking for a straightforward and economical approach to connecting your computer to a high-speed 10 Gigabit Ethernet (10GbE) network using the Thunderbolt 3 port on your computer? You’ll need an adapter. Delivering up to ten times Gigabit Ethernet’s performance and supporting uses such as HD video editing on high-performance shared storage systems, it’s no wonder that 10GbE use has soared. The Sonnet Twin 10G SFP+ 10GbE Thunderbolt 3 Adapter is the powerfully simple solution for adding blazing-fast 10GbE network connectivity to any Mac or Windows computer with Thunderbolt 3 ports.
Flexibility of SFP+ Transceiver Choices
Sonnet offers three SFP+ transceiver options (sold separately)—a short-range multi-mode fiber module (up to 300 meters), part number G10E-SFP-SR; a long-range single-mode fiber module (up to 10 kilometers), part number G10E-SFP-LR; and a 10GBASE-T copper module, part number G10E-SFP-T (Cat 6A cable up to 100 meters). Alternatively, you can use cost-effective direct-attach Twinax copper cables up to 10 meters long (sold separately).
Compact and Nearly Noiseless
Small enough to easily fit in most workspaces, the Twin 10G SFP+ Thunderbolt 3 adapter is still large enough to support proper airflow inside the case—its design enables the adapter’s temperature-controlled, variable-speed fan to keep the adapter running cool and whisper-quiet at all times, making it suitable for use in noise-sensitive environments. Constructed of rugged and lightweight aluminum, the adapter’s outer shell securely protects the inner circuitry.
Thunderbolt 3 — The USB-C That Does It All
The Twin 10G SFP+ Thunderbolt 3 Edition adapter includes two Thunderbolt 3 ports; the first connects the adapter to your computer, while the second supports daisy-chaining of up to five additional Thunderbolt peripheral devices to a single port on your computer. The Sonnet adapter includes 10Gbps USB 3.1 Gen 2 support, meaning you can connect a USB device (to the second port using the proper cable or adapter. The Twin 10G also provides full support for connecting two 4K displays @ 60 Hz or one 5K display @ 60 Hz. For connected devices requiring extra power, 15 watts is provided to connected bus-powered devices.
Easy to Set Up
Simply connect the Twin 10G SFP+ Thunderbolt 3 adapter to your computer via the included Thunderbolt 3 (40Gbps) cable, download and install a driver, install SFP+ module(s) (sold separately), connect the adapter to the network switch or directly to 10GbE-enabled storage, and configure the adapter’s settings through the macOS Network control panel or Windows Device Manager.
The Twin 10G SFP+ Thunderbolt 3 adapter’s high throughput performance and low host-CPU utilization are attained through functions such as flow control, 64-bit address support for systems using more than 4GB of physical memory; and stateless offloads such as TCP, UDP and IPv4 checksum offloading. These operations enable your computer to perform better while large files transfers or high I/O operations take place. This Sonnet adapter’s dual 10GbE connections support transparent failover to keep your computer connected in case a single cable is disconnected or one of the ports fails, and also support link aggregation (teaming) for increased throughput!
Thunderbolt 3 (40Gbps) Cable and ThunderLok 3 Included
Sonnet includes a 0.5-meter Thunderbolt 3 cable to connect the Twin 10G SFP+ Thunderbolt 3 Edition to your computer, and a Sonnet ThunderLok 3 Thunderbolt connector retainer clip to secure the cable to the adapter. Accidental cable disconnects can lead to data loss, but Sonnet’s ThunderLok 3 helps prevent them, securing the Thunderbolt cable to the adapter. ThunderLok 3 is easy to install and use—just slide it over one of the cable’s connectors, plug in the connector, and then secure it to the adapter by turning a thumbscrew. Because ThunderLok doesn’t attach to the connector, it remains on the cable and won’t get lost when not in use.
- Adds high-performance 10GbE SFP+ connectivity: Simply powerful way to add dual 10GbE SFP+ connections to your computer with Thunderbolt 3 ports
- Connection flexibility: Choose among short-range or long-range SFP+ transceivers plus LC fiber optical cables (all sold separately), 10GBASE-T SFP+ tranceivers plus Cat 6 or 6A cable (all sold separately), or SFP+ direct-attach Twinax copper cables (sold separately) to connect the adapter to your network or storage
- Easy setup: Configured through macOS Network control panel or Windows Device Manager
- Supports transparent failover: Keeps your computer connected in case a single cable is disconnected or one of the ports fails
- Supports link aggregation (teaming): Increases throughput beyond what a single connection can sustain in some applications
- Adapter is small enough to sit on most any work surface, and quiet enough for use in noise-sensitive environments
- Rugged aluminum housing provides robust and secure protection
- Two Thunderbolt 3 Ports—One port reserved for connection to the computer; second port supports daisy-chaining of up to five additional Thunderbolt devices to your computer, attaching a single USB peripheral device, or connecting up to two 4K displays or one 5K display
- Provides up to 15 W of power to connected peripherals
- Includes 0.5-meter Thunderbolt 3 (40Gbps) cable and ThunderLok 3 Thunderbolt connector retainer clip to secure cable from accidental disconnections
|Package Contents||Twin 10G SFP+ 10 Gigabit Ethernet Thunderbolt 2 adapter, 0.5 m Thunderbolt cable, ThunderLok Thunderbolt retainer clip, universal power adapter, power cord, and documentation|
|Unit Weight||2.95 lb|
Please fill out the form below and a Vintage King Audio Consultant will contact you with a ship date for the Sonnet Twin 10G SFP+ 10GbE Thunderbolt 3 Adapter.
When it comes to getting the best gear, your tastes are probably pretty particular. Vintage King can help answer any and every question to help you make the right decisions for your sound. Fill out the form below and we'll be in contact with you shortly.
Free shipping to the lower 48 US states on orders $99 and up. See details.
* Required Fields