To inquire if this item is available in one of our stores, please call 888.653.1184 or chat with us.
Sonnet Echo III Rack-Mount 3-Slot Thunderbolt 3 to PCIe Card Expansion System
3-slot rack-mount Thunderbolt 3 to PCIe card expansion system
Plugged into one of your computer’s Thunderbolt 3 ports, the Sonnet Echo III Rack-Mount system delivers 2750 MB/s of PCIe bandwidth and enables you to connect professional PCIe cards (three full-height, single-width cards, or one double-width card plus one single-width card).
Supports Every Thunderbolt 3 Compatible, Non-GPU PCIe Card
Echo III Rackmount supports every Thunderbolt 3 compatible, non-GPU PCIe 1.1/2.0/3.0 card available including video capture and transcoding; audio DSP; 6Gb or 12Gb SAS or SATA host bus adapter; 10Gb or 25Gb Ethernet; SSD storage; and other specialty types to your system. Do you have a card in mind but aren’t sure it’s compatible? Sonnet have put together a compatibility list that identifies cards conforming to Thunderbolt technology requirements, and organized by fit and power compatibility with specific expansion systems.
Avid Pro Tools Qualified
Sonnet Echo III is ready for up to three Pro Tools | HDX PCIe Cards – no extra parts required. At the flick of a switch, the Avid qualified Echo III Rack-Mount system is instantly optimized to support up to three Pro Tools | HDX PCIe cards, with no extra parts necessary! This chassis has been tested and is qualified by Avid Audio group for use with Avid Pro Tools HD 2020 software, and Avid Pro Tools HDX and HD Native systems.
Your Entire Multi-card Pro Tools | HDX System in 4U Rack Space
Sonnet makes it easy to integrate a complete 2- or 3-card Pro Tools | HDX system and a Mac mini® in just 4U of rack space. With the rugged 1U RackMac mini rackmount enclosure plus the 2U Echo III Rackmount you can combine the power of HDX with any Avid Pro Tools hardware I/O for a complete system, including the exciting Pro Tools | MTRX Studio all-in-one audio interface.
Three PCIe 3.0 Slots Plus Power to Spare
The Echo III Rack-Mount features one x16 and two x8 PCIe 3.0 slots, enabling it to support a wide variety of cards at the same time. It integrates a universal 400W power supply, plus a 75W auxiliary power connector to support especially power-hungry non-GPU cards, including the Avid Pro Tools | HDX. The Echo III was designed without a power switch, because it powers on and off automatically with the connected computer, saving energy in the long run. With no power switch, you can’t forget to turn off the system!
- Connects up to three high-performance non-GPU PCIe cards via a Thunderbolt 3 cable to your computer lacking expansion slots
- HDX compatibility mode enables use of up to three Pro Tools | HDX PCIe cards with no additional parts needed
- Every Thunderbolt 3 compatible, non-GPU card supported regardless of length or height
- One x16 plus two x8 slots support three full-height, single-width cards, or one double-width card plus one single-width card
- Integrated 400W power supply with 75W auxiliary power - saves energy by powering on/off automatically with the computer
- Dual temperature-controlled, variable-speed Noctua fans rated at 17dBA automatically and quietly cool the cards
- Offers 2750 MB/s of PCIe bandwidth for the installed cards
- One port connects to computer; second port supports daisy-chaining of up to five additional Thunderbolt peripheral devices
- Provides robust and secure protection in server and DIT racks; space for optional future expansion
|Package Contents||Echo Express III Rack-Mount, power cord, Thunderbolt 3 (40Gbps) cable, two ThunderLok 3 connector retainer clips, and documentation|
|Unit Weight||23.1 lb|
Please fill out the form below and a Vintage King Audio Consultant will contact you with a ship date for the Sonnet Echo III Rack-Mount 3-Slot Thunderbolt 3 to PCIe Card Expansion System.
When it comes to getting the best gear, your tastes are probably pretty particular. Vintage King can help answer any and every question to help you make the right decisions for your sound. Fill out the form below and we'll be in contact with you shortly.
Free shipping to the lower 48 US states on orders $99 and up. See details.
* Required Fields