Sonnet Echo III Desktop 3-Slot Thunderbolt 3 to PCIe Card Expansion System
3-slot desktop Thunderbolt 3 to PCIe card expansion system
For creative pros using the latest portable, mini desktop and all-in-one computers in their workflows, onboard processing power alone is not enough to get the job done. While these computers include high-performance Thunderbolt 3 ports to support peripherals, what they lack is PCIe expansion slots to install speciality cards that add needed video and audio inputs, transcode data, and connect to high-speed shared storage and networks. Sonnet has a solution—the Sonnet Echo III Desktop — a professional Thunderbolt 3 to PCIe card expansion system that enables you to connect three (up to) full-length (12.28 inches long) PCIe cards at the same time, via a single cable.
Supports Every Thunderbolt 3 Compatible, Non-GPU PCIe Card
Echo III Desktop supports every Thunderbolt 3 compatible, non-GPU PCIe 1.1/2.0/3.0 card available including video capture and transcoding; audio DSP; 6Gb or 12Gb SAS or SATA host bus adapter; 10Gb, 25Gb or Ethernet; SSD storage; and other speciality types to your system. Do you have a card in mind but aren’t sure it’s compatible? Sonnet have put together a compatibility list that identifies cards conforming to Thunderbolt technology requirements, and organized by fit and power compatibility with specific expansion systems.
Avid Pro Tools Qualified
The Sonnet Echo III is ready for up to three Pro Tools | HDX PCIe Cards – no extra parts required. At the flick of a switch, the Avid qualified Echo III Desktop system is instantly optimized to support up to three Pro Tools | HDX PCIe cards, with no extra parts necessary! This chassis has been tested and is qualified by Avid Audio group for use with Avid Pro Tools HD 2020 software, and Avid Pro Tools HDX and HD Native systems.
Three PCIe 3.0 Slots and Power to Spare
The Echo III Desktop features one x16 and two x8 PCIe 3.0 slots(1), enabling it to support a wide variety of cards at the same time. To support really power-hungry cards, it integrates a universal 400W power supply and includes a 75W auxiliary power connector for non-GPU cards that require extra power, including the Avid Pro Tools | HDX. Designed without a power switch, the Echo III powers on and off automatically with the connected computer, saving energy in the long run. With no power switch, you can’t forget to turn off the system!
- Connects up to three high-performance non-GPU PCIe cards via a Thunderbolt 3 cable to your computer lacking expansion slots
- HDX compatibility mode enables the use of up to three Pro Tools | HDX PCIe cards with no additional parts needed
- Every Thunderbolt 3 compatible, non-GPU card supported regardless of length or height
- One x16 plus two x8 slots support three full-height, single-width cards, or one double-width card plus one single-width card
- Integrated 400W power supply with 75W auxiliary power - saves energy by powering on/off automatically with the computer
- Dual temperature-controlled, variable-speed Noctua fans rated at 17dBA automatically and quietly cool the cards
- Offers 2750 MB/s of PCIe bandwidth for the installed cards
- One port connects to computer; second port supports daisy-chaining of up to five additional Thunderbolt peripheral devices
- Provides robust and secure protection
|Package Contents||Echo Express III power cord, Thunderbolt 3 (40Gbps) cable, two ThunderLok 3 connector retainer clips, and documentation|
|Unit Weight||9.7 lb|
Please fill out the form below and a Vintage King Audio Consultant will contact you with a ship date for the Sonnet Echo III Desktop 3-Slot Thunderbolt 3 to PCIe Card Expansion System.
When it comes to getting the best gear, your tastes are probably pretty particular. Vintage King can help answer any and every question to help you make the right decisions for your sound. Fill out the form below and we'll be in contact with you shortly.
Free shipping to the lower 48 US states on orders $99 and up. See details.
* Required Fields