To inquire if this item is available in one of our stores, please call 888.653.1184 or chat with us.
Smart Research C2M Stereo Compressor
The Smart Research C2 Compressor houses two independent mono compressors, or in STEREO mode, the left-hand controls operate both audio channels, with the right-hand controls not used, giving true Stereo operation. The C2M version has one set of controls and two audio channels for Stereo use, whilst the C2R is a dual-channel remote expander for building up to 8 channel systems controlled from one C2M or C2.
The characteristic sound of this unit arises mostly from the fast response at the onset of compression, which when delayed to occur around the mid-range attack settings (after 0.3 to 3 milliseconds) results in a window through which transients can still pass. When used across a mix, or with any dynamic program, this has the effect of adding 'punch', as the sidechain 'breathes' around these transients, while still controlling overall levels. CRUSH mode has been developed as an extension of this 'musicality', adding to and accentuating the factors involved in producing the character of the unit. CRUSH may sound surprising to those interested in more gentle applications, being capable of exaggerated compression effects, but in conjunction with the fast limit settings also introduced with this unit, it allows the C2 to be used for a much wider range of applications than the C1.
- Fast attack and limit settings for protective limiting.
- Crush mode gives FET 'overcompression' with tailored frequency response, and higher distortion, for 'huge' dynamic effects.
- External sidechain inputs, (for ducking etc.)
- Power fail bypass for broadcast or live sound.
- Ratios 1.5:1, 2:1, 3:1, 4:1, 10:1 and Limit.
- Attack 0, 0.1, 0.3, 1, 3, 10, and 30 m/sec.
- Release 0.1, 0.3, 0.6, 1.2, and 2.4 seconds.
- New generation of Voltage Controlled Amplifiers
- High slew rate amplifiers, with hybrid FET/ transistor inputs
- High current push-pull transistor outputs
- Total symmetry throughout signal path
- No electrolytic capacitors used in main signal path
- All inputs and outputs balanced
|Tube or Solid State||Solid State|
Please fill out the form below and a Vintage King Audio Consultant will contact you with a ship date for the Smart Research C2M Stereo Compressor.
When it comes to getting the best gear, your tastes are probably pretty particular. Vintage King can help answer any and every question to help you make the right decisions for your sound. Fill out the form below and we'll be in contact with you shortly.
Free shipping to the lower 48 US states on orders $99 and up. See details.
* Required Fields