Slate Digital VRS8 (Demo Deal)
Steven Slate and his team spent three years developing the new Slate Digital VRS8, the final piece in a suite of software and hardware tools that puts a Virtual Recording Studio in a single rack space, and it shows.
The Slate Digital VRS8 is packed with boutique components and boasts specs that reflects Slate’s “no compromise” design. This 8-channel audio interface combines the company’s familiar Ultra Linear microphone preamps with custom converter and CPU chips to deliver an industry-leading 124 dB of dynamic range across all eight inputs and an astonishingly low latency, whether using Thunderbolt (Mac) or PCIe (Mac/PC) connectivity.
These are the same transparent VMS-One preamps from Slate’s award-winning Virtual Microphone System, which means you can run any of the company’s microphone and preamp modeling software in real time. Slate’s new LLN (Low Latency Native) technology uses a hardwired custom chipset to enable a round-trip latency at 96 kHz of just 0.7 milliseconds, the same as Pro Tools | HDX and the lowest of any native solution. This enables you to monitor through Slate’s mic and preamp emulations while tracking or to change your mind and choose different models during your mix process. Unlike other interfaces, you control your preamp gains on the front of the Slate Digital VRS8, not through a software menu.
Additionally, there are two separate monitor mixes with discrete custom headphone amplifier circuitry, speaker switching capabilities, native — not USB — MIDI IO and satellite-grade clocking technology and this virtual recording studio in a 1RU box gives you the same experience as you would have with a rack full of pro audio tools.
Slate Digital has removed the CPU overhead and latency issues of USB connectivity, integrating PCIe and Thunderbolt options, which offer identical performance. You can link up to six Slate Digital VRS8s over Thunderbolt to achieve 48 inputs and outputs.
As Slate Digital says, it’s the studio of your dreams at a price you can afford.
- Eight Ultra Linear VMS-One mic preamps, enabling you to use Slate’s microphone and preamp emulations on every input and controlled directly from the front panel for easy control when tracking
- LLN™ (Low Latency Native) custom hard-wired converter chipset, which reduces managed components in the audio path and allows an incredible 0.7 milliseconds of latency at 96k (with a 32-sample buffer), allowing you to monitor through mic and preamp emulations while tracking
- Mastering-quality conversion technology incorporates the newest AKM converters, offering a whopping industry-best 124 dB of dynamic range on all inputs
- XTC satellite-grade clocking technology, utilizing four temperature-compensated crystal oscillators for ultra-stable audio performance
- Built-in monitor switching and discrete headphone amplifiers
- Native MIDI IO, for accurate MIDI timing that doesn’t utilize the USB bus
- The VRS8 comes with a free one-year subscription to the Everything Bundle — every plug-in the company makes — as well as the option to purchase a five-pack of ML-2 microphones at a substantial discount
|Condition||Demo / B-Stock|
Please fill out the form below and a Vintage King Audio Consultant will contact you with a ship date for the Slate Digital VRS8 (Demo Deal).
When it comes to getting the best gear, your tastes are probably pretty particular. Vintage King can help answer any and every question to help you make the right decisions for your sound. Fill out the form below and we'll be in contact with you shortly.
Free shipping to the lower 48 US states on orders $99 and up. See details.
* Required Fields