Shure KSM42 Dual-Diaphragm Condenser Vocal Microphone
This premium side-address, cardioid condenser microphone features a large dual-diaphragm capsule, optimized for world-class vocal recording and performance applications. With a tailored frequency response and extensive internal and external pop filtering, the single-pattern, dual-diaphragm design of the Shure KSM42, featuring Prethos™ Advanced Preamplifier Technology exhibits an exceptionally smooth proximity control and ultra-wide dynamic range. The KSM42 is the premier choice for capturing sophisticated, powerful and intimate vocal performances.
A milestone achievement in sound reinforcement, Prethos™ Advanced Preamplifier Technology employs transparent internal circuitry architectures that enable unprecedented audio quality and performance.
The KSM42 Features:
- Highly consistent cardioid polar pattern creates a broad “sweet spot” and natural off-axis response
- Prethos™Advanced Preamplifier Technology exhibits extremely low self-noise with superior dynamic range, transient response and ultra-low distortion for transparent recording
- Dual-diaphragm design with an active front, ultra thin (2.5 micron) 24-karat gold, low mass, 1-inch Mylar® diaphragm
- Passive back diaphragm delivers exceptional control of low frequency proximity effect
- Tailored low-frequency roll-off minimizes low frequency room noise
- Integrated three-stage mesh grille guards against wind and breath noise
- Open cage ShureLock® rubber suspension shock mount with low-profile Popper Stopper™ magnetic pop filter produces a natural space between performer and microphone
- Extremely low self noise for critical studio vocal recording
- Premium electronic components and gold-plated internal and external connectors
- Durable zinc die-cast housing and hardened low carbon steel grille
- Internal shock mount to reduce unwanted handling and stand noise
|Package Contents||Includes magnetic pop filter, ShureLock rubber suspension shock mount, aluminum carrying case, protective velveteen pouch, four suspension mount O-rings|
|Unit Weight||1.08 lb|
|Tube or Solid State||Solid State|
|Number of Microphones||Single Microphone|
|Impedance||Output: 147 Ohms|
|Frequency Range||60 Hz - 20 kHz|
|Sensitivity||-37 dBV/Pa (14.1 mV)|
|Max. SPL||139 dB|
Please fill out the form below and a Vintage King Audio Consultant will contact you with a ship date for the Shure KSM42 Dual-Diaphragm Condenser Vocal Microphone.
When it comes to getting the best gear, your tastes are probably pretty particular. Vintage King can help answer any and every question to help you make the right decisions for your sound. Fill out the form below and we'll be in contact with you shortly.
Free shipping to the lower 48 US states on orders $99 and up. See details.
* Required Fields