To inquire if this item is available in one of our stores, please call 888.653.1184 or chat with us.
Shure KSM141 Dual-Pattern Condenser Instrument Microphone
Small diaphragm dual-pattern instrument microphone offering transition between cardioid and omnidirectional patterns, extended frequency response, pad for handling SPLs, a gold-layered Mylar diaphragm, and a subsonic filter for low-frequency rumble
The Shure KSM141 is a dual-pattern end-addressed condenser microphone with a rotating collar, allowing easy switching between a consistent cardioid or true omnidirectional polar pattern for smooth and extremely focused sound reproduction.
Designed for studio use, yet rugged enough for live applications, the KSM141 can withstand extremely high sound pressure levels (SPL). Its low self-noise and extended frequency response make it ideal for recording musical instruments.
- A mechanical polar pattern switch for highly consistent cardioid and true omnidirectional polar patterns. Provides flexibility in a wide variety of recording applications
- Ultra-thin, 2.5 micron, 24 karat gold-layered, low mass Mylar diaphragm for superior transient response
- Class A, discrete, transformerless preamplifier for transparency, extremely fast transient response, no crossover distortion, and minimal harmonic and intermodulation distortion
- Premium electronic components, including gold-plated internal and external connectors
- Subsonic filter eliminates low-frequency rumble (less than 17 Hz) caused by mechanical vibration
- Three-position switchable pad (0 dB, 15 dB, and 25 dB) for handling extremely high sound pressure levels (SPLs)
- Three-position switchable low-frequency filter to reduce background noise and counteract proximity effect
- Extended frequency response
- Low self-noise
- Exceptional reproduction of low-frequency sounds
- Can withstand high sound pressure levels (SPL)
- High output level
- No crossover distortion
- Uniform polar response
- Superior common mode rejection and suppression of radio frequency interference
Some typical applications for the KSM141 are listed below. Microphone use, however, is a matter of personal taste. The KSM141 may be used for a variety of applications other than those listed.
- Acoustic instruments -- such as piano, guitar, drums, percussion, strings
- Wind instruments -- brass and woodwind
- Low-frequency instruments -- such as double bass, electric bass, kick drum
- Overhead miking -- drums or percussion
- Ensembles -- choral or orchestral
- Room ambiance pick-up -- guitar amplifier or drums
Both the acoustic environment and microphone placement strongly affect the sound obtained from miking a source. You may need to experiment with microphone placement and room treatments to achieve the best overall sound for each application.
|Package Contents||KSM141, stand adapter, windscreen, and carrying case|
|Unit Weight||0.35 lb|
|Tube or Solid State||Solid State|
|Polar Pattern||Cardioid, Omni-Directional|
|Number of Microphones||Single Microphone|
|Impedance||Output: 150 Ohms|
|Frequency Range||20 Hz - 20 kHz|
|Sensitivity||-37 dBV/Pa (14.1 mV)|
|Max. SPL||145 dB; 170 dB with pad|
Please fill out the form below and a Vintage King Audio Consultant will contact you with a ship date for the Shure KSM141 Dual-Pattern Condenser Instrument Microphone.
When it comes to getting the best gear, your tastes are probably pretty particular. Vintage King can help answer any and every question to help you make the right decisions for your sound. Fill out the form below and we'll be in contact with you shortly.
Free shipping to the lower 48 US states on orders $99 and up. See details.
* Required Fields