Schoeps Switchable-pattern ST
The MK 5 offers two selectable directional patterns, but uses only one membrane – a no-compromise approach. The fact that full response is maintained to the highest audible frequencies is unusual for a switchable-pattern microphone.
In its omnidirectional setting the MK 5 is a true pressure transducer with smooth, extended low-frequency response, low sensitivity to most wind and breath noise, handling noise or mechanical vibration, and no proximity effect.
Unlike conventional, dual-diaphragm multi-pattern microphones, its cardioid setting retains its full directionality even at very low frequencies. The benefits of this design in purity and clarity of sound are immediately audible.
The MK 5 has a slight high-frequency emphasis as compared with the corresponding single-pattern omni (MK 2) and cardioid (MK 4).
- Omni and cardioid patterns, mechanically switchable
- Broad range of applications
- Preferred uses similar to those of the MK 2 or MK 2S and the MK 4:
- In the cardioid setting: for use with singing or speaking voices or most instruments, as a spot microphone, and for stereo recording with coincident, ORTF or M/S microphone arrangements
- In the omni setting: for recording instruments, singers, etc. at relatively close range
- Flat frequency response
- Extremely low noise and distortion
- Balanced, very low-impedance output
- Can be used with very long cables
- Well-protected against RFI
- For use with 12- or 48-Volt phantom powering
The two amplifiers in a stereo pair of microphones should be of the same type. On request, Schoeps can select ”matched pairs” of capsules with equal sensitivity and frequency response for critical applications, at slight additional cost.
|Package Contents||Includes SG20 stand clamps and B5 D pop-screens|
|Unit Weight||0.19 lb|
|Tube or Solid State||Solid State|
|Polar Pattern||Cardioid, Omni-Directional|
|Number of Microphones||Microphone Bundle|
|Impedance||25 Ohms @ 12 V, 30 Ohms @ 48 V / Minimum recommended load: 600 Ohms|
|Frequency Range||Omnidirectional: 20 Hz - 20 kHz / Cardioid: 40 Hz - 20 kHz|
|Sensitivity||Cardioid: -37.7 dBV/Pa (13 mV) / Omni: -40 dBV/Pa (10 mV)|
|Max. SPL||Omnidirectional: 133 dB / Cardioid: 132 dB|
Free shipping to the lower 48 US states on orders $99 and up. See details.
* Required Fields
Please fill out the form below and, when Schoeps Switchable-pattern ST becomes available, a Vintage King Audio Consultant will contact you.