Schoeps SuperCMIT 2U Shotgun Microphone
The SuperCMIT can be a problem-solver wherever diffuse sources of noise (such as street noise, wind noise, room sound, or audience and passers-by) might interfere with a recording. Unwanted noise is greatly reduced in level – even at low frequencies – without altering the tone color of front-arriving direct sound. Even a shotgun with a long tube can’t do that. This makes the SuperCMIT ideal for complex film sound applications and for sports events. The SuperCMIT also increases the “reach” of indoor recordings.
- New type of digital shotgun microphone with increased directivity, based on SCHOEPS' extremely successful analog model CMIT 5
- Diffuse sound is suppressed to an extraordinary degree
- Completely new operating principle with two transducers
- Uses digital signal processing algorithms from ILLUSONIC (patent pending)
- Two-channel output, with SuperCMIT signal in channel 1 and (direct, single-transducer) CMIT signal in channel 2
- Schoeps sound quality: transparent sound
Digital signal processing in the SuperCMIT recognizes sound energy arriving from various directions, and determines whether that sound has a discrete, persistent direction of arrival or not.
It uses this information to suppress diffuse sound and to focus on discrete sound. This allows the “reach” of the shotgun microphone to be increased significantly, without causing the usual sound-coloring artifacts. The SuperCMIT is the first microphone in the world to combine such high directivity with high sound quality.
The SuperCMIT has three push-buttons which control the filters and presets of the microphone. The two filters are identical to those of Schoeps’ CMIT 5 analog shotgun microphone:
- High-frequency boost (+5 dB at 10 kHz) compensates for losses due to windscreens.
- Steep low-cut (18 dB/oct. below 80 Hz) suppresses low-frequency wind and boom noise.
- Preset 1: moderate directivity increase (green LED); ca. 11 dB reduction in diffuse sound (5 dB greater than a Schoeps CMIT or channel 2 of the SuperCMIT)
- Preset 2: strong directivity increase (red LED); ca. 15 dB diffuse sound reduction. This setting is reserved for special applications since sonic artifacts can occasionally be heard.
- By pressing each of the three push-buttons two times each quickly in succession, the gain can be increased by +30 dB and reset again to the standard value.
- Also by disconnecting the microphone from its power supply, the gain setting is reset to the initial value (0 dB).
- Wooden case
- SG 20 stand adapter
- W 170 foam windscreen for moderate wind and boom motion
|Package Contents||Includes, foam windscreen, powering box for digital phantom powering, stand clamp with SG 20 swivel|
|Unit Weight||0.24 lb|
|Tube or Solid State||Solid State|
|Polar Pattern||Lobar, Super-Cardioid|
|Number of Microphones||Single Microphone|
|Frequency Range||40 Hz - 20 kHz|
|Filters||18 dB/oct @ 80 Hz|
|Sensitivity||-31 dBV/Pa (28.2 mV)|
|Max. SPL||132 dB|
Please fill out the form below and a Vintage King Audio Consultant will contact you with a ship date for the Schoeps SuperCMIT 2U Shotgun Microphone.
When it comes to getting the best gear, your tastes are probably pretty particular. Vintage King can help answer any and every question to help you make the right decisions for your sound. Fill out the form below and we'll be in contact with you shortly.
Free shipping to the lower 48 US states on orders $99 and up. See details.
* Required Fields