Schoeps CMIT SSM Shotgun Microphone Set
The Schoeps CMIT SSM Set includes the CMIT 5U shotgun microphone, the Rycote Medium Super-Shield Kit, wood box, W 140 foam windscreen, and SG21 stand clamp.
The CMIT 5 is SCHOEPS' shotgun microphone which has set a new standard for shotgun microphones since its release. The CMIT 5's directionality increases smoothly with higher frequencies, which results in a very balanced sonic character. In addition to this, the microphone's sound level decreases softly yet steadily for off-axis sounds, allowing these to be recorded neutrally as well as reducing the effects of movement during boom operation. The CMIT 5 also has a much stronger directionality than one might expect from a microphone of its length. If required, the CMIT 5 can also be used for music recordings, for example opera recordings.
The sound quality of the CMIT 5 remains consistent even if the microphone is rotated on its axis, since its directional pattern is the same in both the vertical and horizontal planes.
Three pushbutton-activated filters allow the microphone to adapt to the recording situation:
- High-frequency emphasis (+5 dB at 10 kHz) enhances speech intelligibility, and compensates for high-frequency loss caused by windscreens
- A steep low-cut filter (18 dB/oct. below 80 Hz) suppresses wind and boom noise
- A gentle low-frequency rolloff (6 dB/oct. below 300 Hz) compensates for proximity effect
Pairs of LEDs next to each pushbutton indicate the status of the filters. Even in darkness the user can read the settings and see that the microphone is operational. The settings are retained when the microphone is switched off.
The capsule and amplifier of the CMIT 5 U are built as a single unit, unlike microphones of the SCHOEPS ”Colette” series.
- Unusually low coloration of off-axis sound
- Suitable for music recording as well as dialogue
- Rotationally symmetrical polar pattern
- Even greater immunity to wind noise than a SCHOEPS supercardioid
- Very lightweight, robust all-metal housing
Rycote Medium Super-Shield Kit
This complete windshield / shock-mount system has a unique pod designed for fast microphone access while maintaining Rycote’s professional, flexible levels of wind protection set in place by the Modular Windshield system. This design integrates the same lightweight, flexible, robust plastic netting and screening material for professional performance and reliability.
Using Rycote’s Lyre Technology®, this clever suspension design enables the suspensions to snap in place quickly to attain the perfect position and balance for the microphone. With the included windjammer and Pistol-Grip, the system is ready to go wherever the next broadcast, sports, or news event takes you.
- Unique pod design for fast microphone access
- Snap-in, pinch-release Lyre suspensions for perfect balance and fit
- Flexible, robust plastic netting with attached screening material
- Excellent wind protection with minimal high-frequency loss
- Included Windjammer for multiple levels of wind isolation
|Unit Weight||95 g|
|Tube or Solid State||Solid State|
|Number of Microphones||Single Microphone|
|Frequency Range||40 Hz - 20 kHz|
|Filters||80 Hz with 18 dB/oct / 300 Hz with 6dB/oct / 5 dB lift at 10kHz (shelving)|
|Sensitivity||-35.4 dBV/Pa (17 mV)|
|Max. SPL||132 dB|
Please fill out the form below and a Vintage King Audio Consultant will contact you with a ship date for the Schoeps CMIT SSM Shotgun Microphone Set.
When it comes to getting the best gear, your tastes are probably pretty particular. Vintage King can help answer any and every question to help you make the right decisions for your sound. Fill out the form below and we'll be in contact with you shortly.
Free shipping to the lower 48 US states on orders $99 and up. See details.
* Required Fields