Royer Labs R-122 - Matte Black Chrome
The R-122’s active electronics produce an output comparable to studio condenser microphones and provide an optimum impedance to the ribbon element, preventing overdamping of the ribbon element and assuring consistent microphone performance. The high gain and low output impedance of the R-122 allow it to operate with any micro- phone preamplifier with phantom power, including those of nominal gain and input impedance characteristics. It is also well suited for use with long cable runs, which can be helpful in live situations.
The R-122 utilizes a low mass, 2.5-micron, pure (99.99%) aluminum ribbon element. The R-122's unique, patented offset-ribbon transducer assembly incorpo- rates rare earth Neodymium magnets in a specially designed flux frame, which forms a powerful magnetic field while reducing unwanted stray magnetic radiation. The smooth frequency response and phase linearity of the R-122, coupled with its sophisticated active electronics system, enable the R-122 to deliver a consistent natural acoustic performance with stunning realism. Frequency response is excel- lent regardless of the angle of sound striking the ribbon, and off-axis coloration is negligible.
The R-122’s offset-ribbon design positions the ribbon element toward the front of the microphone body, which allows for high SPL handling on the front (logo) side and the option of a slightly brighter response when recording lower SPL sound sources on the back side (3 feet and closer; phase reversed in this position).
- Active electronics provide high output capability, optimal impedance to the ribbon element, extremely low self-noise and low output impedance
- Operates on standard 48-volt phantom power
- Absence of high frequency peaks, "ringing" and phase shifts
- Ribbon element unaffected by impedance/load, heat or humidity
- Equal sensitivity from front and back of ribbon element
- Very low magnetic leakage
- Gold plated XLR contacts
- Close and distant miking
- Electric and acoustic guitar
- Vocals, commercial broadcast, voiceover
- Brass, horn sections
- Drum overheads, kick drum (see manual for position), room miking
- Percussion instruments
- Strings - solo & sections
- Acoustic piano, harp
- Live events - recording and sound reinforcement
|Tube or Solid State||Solid State|
|Frequency Range||22 Hz - 22 kHz|
Please fill out the form below and a Vintage King Audio Consultant will contact you with a ship date for the Royer Labs R-122 - Matte Black Chrome.
When it comes to getting the best gear, your tastes are probably pretty particular. Vintage King can help answer any and every question to help you make the right decisions for your sound. Fill out the form below and we'll be in contact with you shortly.
Free shipping to the lower 48 US states on orders $99 and up. See details.
* Required Fields