Roland SE-02 Boutique Analog Synthesizer Module
The Roland SE-02 Boutique Analog Synthesizer Module is a collaboration between Roland and Studio Electronics, and the first product in the new Roland Boutique Designer Series. It has authentic discrete analog circuitry and three voltage-controlled oscillators for a big vintage sound. It has a separate knob for most every function like your favorite analog gear. Yet this is a modern, flexible, very programmable monosynth with full MIDI support and USB audio that anticipates the needs of synthesists, sound designers, producers, and musicians.
With its compact size and onboard sequencer capable of storing 128 sequence patterns and 16 songs with 16 parts each, the SE-02 is designed to move between studio production and live performance. Creative performance features allow you to set shuffle, scale, direction, and first/last steps in the moment. Even synth parameters can be automated by sequencing changes—just press a step and move a control. SE-02 integrates with modular setups, vintage gear, and your computer, and fits in the K-25 or DK-01 accessory docks. You also can add an integrated 25-key mini keyboard and change the tilt for different playing situations.
The SE-02 comes with 384 presets to get you started, though you can take it in an experimental direction with its three types of cross modulation (XMOD); a ripping filter feedback loop; a tempo-syncing LFO with nine waveforms; envelope sweeping and inverting; oscillator sync; a noise generator; and a tempo-syncing delay. Take advantage of the per-step control of every parameter, and then store the custom sounds you’ve made in the 128 available user presets.
- Discrete analog circuitry with knob-per-function interface
- Three voltage controlled oscillators with six waveforms
- Temperature-stabilized oscillators with automatic tuning
- 24 dB low-pass filter and dual gain-stage amplifier
- Three types of cross modulation (XMOD), feedback loop, and noise generator
- Tempo-syncing LFO with nine waveforms
- Tempo-syncing digital delay with bypass to maintain analog signal path
- Save and recall sounds with 384 preset and 128 user locations
- Musical and intuitive pattern sequencer with song mode
- Sequence notes, gate time, glide, and synth parameters
- CV, VCF CV and gate inputs, plus trigger in/out
- External Input for routing audio through the SE-02’s filter section
- Standard MIDI, USB-MIDI, and USB-Audio
- Create a polyphonic synth by using Chain Mode to connect two or more SE-02s together via MIDI
|Output Connectors||1/4-inch TS, Analog XLR|
|Analog or Digital||Analog|
Please fill out the form below and a Vintage King Audio Consultant will contact you with a ship date for the Roland SE-02 Boutique Analog Synthesizer Module.
When it comes to getting the best gear, your tastes are probably pretty particular. Vintage King can help answer any and every question to help you make the right decisions for your sound. Fill out the form below and we'll be in contact with you shortly.
Free shipping to the lower 48 US states on orders $99 and up. See details.
* Required Fields