Neve 1073N Microphone Preamp/EQ
Your favorite preamp just got even better. Equipped with an integrated DI input, expanded I/O connectors, phantom power and an external PSU, the Neve 1073N is a fully functional standalone preamp with 3-band EQ that combines classic tone of the original 1073 with unrivaled versatility and portability.
SAME CLASSIC SOUND, ALL NEW DESIGN
From the front, the Neve 1073N looks identical to the classic 1073 design you know and love. With the same iconic red, grey and blue knobs, the same settings, and the exact same sound as the original, it can be hard to distinguish the new 1073N from a vintage model from the front.
But from the rear, the 1073N looks like an entirely new device. A combo jack on the right hand side of the unit allows you to directly connect of microphones, instruments and more. An integrated DI input makes connecting guitars a breeze. Controls for phantom power, a built-in 20 dB pad and more make it easy to dial in the perfect sound for any recording. Quickly connect to your favorite studio gear using the dedicated XLR line output.
CLASSIC SOUND ANYWHERE YOU GO
The Neve 1073N comes bundles with a dedicated external power supply unit, making it a complete standalone solution for capturing studio-grade recordings anywhere you go. The 107N is also equipped with the original console and rack, enabling you to easily interface with external rack units and consoles for even more flexibility.
The Neve 1073N features an all Class A preamp design with three bands of EQ. The high shelf EQ is fixed at 12 kHz, and ideal for bringing acoustic recordings to life with a silky-smooth brilliance. The midband is perfect for carving out space in busy mixes and adding warmth to instruments with fixed frequencies at 360 Hz, 700 Hz, 1.6 kHz, 3.2 kHZ, 4.8 kHz and 7.2 kHz. The low band is perfect for fattening up tracks with tight, punchy lows using fixed frequencies at 35 Hz, 60 Hz, 110 Hz, and 220 Hz. Clean up your low end with a dedicated high-pass filter, selectable at 50 Hz, 80 Hz, 160 Hz and 300 Hz.
- Classic transformer microphone preamp amp (Class A design) with integral DI input and Phantom Power
- Three EQ bands & HP filter
- Designed and built in England
- Neve designed hand-wound transformers
- Can be used as a standalone module or inserted into a compatible rack or console
- Mic & Line inputs are transformer balanced and earth free
- Microphone Input: Gain +80 db to +20 dB in 5 dB steps
- Line Input: Input impedance 10 kOhms, gain +20 dB to -10 dB in 5 dB steps
- DI Input: Input impedance 10 MOhms (PAD off) / 10 kOhms (PAD on) Gain +80 dB to +20 dB in 5 dB steps
- Output: Maximum output is >+26 dBu into 600 Ω
- Output is transformer balanced and earth free
- Distortion: Not more than 0.07% from 50 Hz to 10 kHz at +20 dBu output (80 kHz bandwidth) into 600 Ω
- Freq Response: ±0.5 dB 20 Hz to 20 kHz, -3 dB at 40 kHz (EQ out)
- Neve 1073N mic pre/EQ
- Black metal sleeve for housing the module while in standalone use
- External power supply
- Operation manual
|Package Contents||Neve 1073N mic pre/EQ, black metal sleeve for housing the module while in standalone use, external power supply, and operation manual|
|Tube or Solid State||Solid State|
|Module Type||1073 / 1084 / 1066 / 1076 / 1079|
|Input Connectors||1/4-inch TRS, Analog XLR|
|Output Connectors||Analog XLR|
5 stars!!!! Silky as Fuck!!!
I’ve been in the Recording business since the early 1980s. This Neve 1073 is the best mic pre-I’ve ever used in my life, I can’t believe it took me nearly 40 years to own one
Amazing piece. NEVE quality is just as awesome now as it was in the 70's. Always worth every penny and Vintage King is the best place to find ANY NEVE piece you want.
I use this on just about everything. I just love it!
* Required Fields
Please fill out the form below and a Vintage King Audio Consultant will contact you with a ship date for the Neve 1073N Microphone Preamp/EQ.
When it comes to getting the best gear, your tastes are probably pretty particular. Vintage King can help answer any and every question to help you make the right decisions for your sound. Fill out the form below and we'll be in contact with you shortly.
Free shipping to the lower 48 US states on orders $99 and up. See details.
* Required Fields