Focusrite Clarett+ OctoPre 8-Channel ADAT Preamp
Professional-quality eight-channel ADAT microphone preamp with the original Focusrite Studio Console sound for the adaptable engineer
The Focusrite Clarett+ OctoPre is the eight-channel ADAT preamp for both the aspiring and established engineer. Eight high headroom, low noise, and low distortion Clarett+ preamps — featuring All-analog Air with relay-controlled circuitry — capture drums, vocals, and acoustic instruments with superb clarity. Two JFET instrument inputs capture the true characteristics of guitars, just like plugging into an amp.
High-quality A-D/D-A converters brings audio clarity to studio tracking sessions with high dynamic range, ultra-low noise, and ultra-low distortion. Exceptional D-A conversion ensures that audio quality is preserved when sending audio to analog compressors, EQs, and effects.
Add Clarett+ OctoPre to a 2Pre, 4Pre or 8Pre to expand your I/O easily and consistently via ADAT, so that you can record a whole band together while maintaining analog purity and clarity as well as bringing the classic Focusrite Studio Console sound to your recordings.
GET THE CLASSIC FOCUSRITE SOUND WITH ALL-ANALOG AIR
Get closer to the origins of Focusrite with premium, relay-controlled analog circuitry on every preamp that emulates the classic Focusrite ISA 110, as featured on the original Focusrite Studio Console. When Air is engaged it switches the impedance to 2.2kΩ and adds two cumulative high shelves, totalling a 4 dB boost in the high frequencies.
CAPTURE THE TRUEST VERSION OF YOUR SOUND WITH CLARETT+ MIC PRE
Achieve clear recordings in any session. With 118 dB of dynamic range and 129 dBu EIN, the natural sound of source signals is preserved. The fully balanced signal path ensures inbound signals are clean and with ultra-low noise — giving sessions the professional Focusrite sound.
STAY PLUGGED IN WITH INSERTS ON EVERY CHANNEL
Clarett+ OctoPre’s eight dedicated channel inserts allow you to track through your favourite outboard and capture its true character. Easily add analog equipment to the signal path with our flexible insert design.
CLEAR, ACCURATE MULTI-TRACKING WITH IMPROVED A-D CONVERTERS
Multi-track with confidence and handle any recording session. Offering ultra-low noise and ultra-low distortion, Clarett+ OctoPre’s A-D conversion combined with the powerful preamps give professional-sounding tracks ready for mixing.
PRESERVE YOUR SIGNATURE STYLE WITH IMPROVED D-A CONVERTERS
Exceptional D-A conversion ensures that audio quality is preserved when sending audio to analogue compressors, EQs and effects. You can easily process audio in your signature style and benefit from integrating your outboard into your workflow to achieve accurate results. Send 16 channels of high-quality audio from your computer by connecting a Clarett+ OctoPre to a Clarett+ 8Pre via ADAT — perfect for integrating an analogue mixer into your workflow.
PREMIUM-QUALITY AUDIO OVER ADAT
Add Clarett+ OctoPre to a 2Pre, 4Pre or 8Pre to expand your I/O easily and consistently via ADAT. Non-Clarett+ users can upgrade to a professional standard and bring the classic Focusrite sound to their recordings by connecting to an ADAT-enabled interface, benefitting from the premium quality offered by Clarett+ OctoPre.
PRESERVE THE NATURAL TONE OF YOUR GUITAR
JFET instrument inputs capture the true characteristics of guitars. The wide input bandwidth retains the purity of high frequencies and feels like you are plugging straight into an amp. Connect OctoPre to any of the other Clarett+ range to have four instrument inputs at your disposal. Perfect for DI multitracking – the band can perform together and capture the essence of the moment in a clear, clean, and accurate recording.
- Brainworx Bx console Focusrite SC: The preamps that made Focusrite what they are today to your music. No other plug-in offers the unique character of the iconic large format console, with ISA 110 preamps – the origin of the famous ‘Air’ still heard on Focusrite interfaces today. Bx console Focusrite SC is a full channel strip, offering EQ, de-esser, compressor, limiter, gate and expander.
- Brainworx bx masterdesk: Get your record release-ready with the high-end analog mastering system. Bringing a smooth and simple workflow to the art of mastering, allowing anyone, from first time-producer to industry pro to get studio-quality results quickly and effortlessly.
- Brainworx bx oberhausen: The fully-analog-modelled replica of a classic American polysynth. Bx oberhausen is a component-by-component reproduction of an icon. With 32 voices, this digital model is capable of twice the count of today’s most valuable all-analog synths – for lush chords and huge unison.
- Focusrite Red 2 & 3 Plug-in Suite: Featuring a pair of meticulously captured digital models of the truly iconic EQ and Compressors which have made the Focusrite name a staple in world-class facilities across the globe. If you’ve kept up with major releases over the last 30 years, you’ve heard Red 2 and 3.
- Antares Auto-Tune Access: For everything from natural sounding, near-real-time pitch adjustment for getting the best vocal takes, to lightning-fast Hip-hop-inspired pitching for adding a whole new sound to your tracks.
- Relab LX480 Essentials: Get four reverbs, modelled on The Hit Factory NYC’s reverb unit, and used on countless hits. LX480 Essentials gives you the sounds of a studio which has played host to names from Springsteen, the Stones and Kool and the Gang, to The Weeknd, Pharell, Katy Perry, and everyone in between.
- Softube Marshall Silver Jubilee 2555: The modern evolution of the iconic JCM800, brought to you by analog-modelling experts Softube. The Silver Jubilee offers everything from warm cleans, through classic crunch, and up to modern high gain tube amp sounds.
- XLN Audio Addictive Keys: Add beautifully captured piano to your tracks with the choice of one of four professional-sounding models from Steinway, Yamaha and the classic Rhodes. Plug in your MIDI controller and play; instantly be transported to a professional recording studio set up to capture one of these beautiful pianos – right from your studio.
- XLN Audio Addictive Drums 2: Studio Rock: Add the sounds of a pro drummer to your songs easily. Featuring expertly captured samples from a high-end Tama and Pearl drums, and Paiste and Sabian cymbals, recorded at Decibel Studios in Stockholm.
- Focusrite Plug-in Collective: Get a new plug-in and exclusive offers from a new partner every few months.
|Unit Weight||9.1 lb|
|Input Connectors||1/4-inch TRS, Analog DB25, Optical, XLR Combo Jack TRS|
|Output Connectors||Analog DB25, BNC, Optical|
|Number of Preamps||8|
|Clock I/O||In, Out|
Please fill out the form below and a Vintage King Audio Consultant will contact you with a ship date for the Focusrite Clarett+ OctoPre 8-Channel ADAT Preamp.
When it comes to getting the best gear, your tastes are probably pretty particular. Vintage King can help answer any and every question to help you make the right decisions for your sound. Fill out the form below and we'll be in contact with you shortly.
Free shipping to the lower 48 US states on orders $99 and up. See details.
* Required Fields