Radial Engineering Tonebone Cabbone
The Radial Tonebone Cabbone is a unique device that enables you to switch between two speaker cabinets using a single amplifier head. This, for instance, could be used to mount a Fender Twin on a 4x12 Marshall cabinet and switch between the two cabinets to enjoy the very different tonal characteristics of an open-back 2x12 compared to a closed-box 4x12 half stack.
Unlike a regular AB box that mechanically switches between two sources, the Cabbone actually 'ramps on' the switching process with a timed overlap so that the amplifier always sees a speaker load. This ensures both tube and solid state amplifiers are safely switched at all times. The audio signal is actually switched via high-power gold-contact relays to ensure 'straight wire' performance. In other words, the Cabbone will not color the tone or introduce any form of distortion into the signal path. Should power to the Cabbone ever be disconnected, Radial Safe-Mode™ operation automatically resets, connecting the head to output-1.
To reduce 'spaghetti' on stage, the Cabbone is equipped with Slingshot™ - a remotely controlled switching input that enables any standard contact closure to switch cabinets. This lets you keep the Cabbone and speaker cables near the amps and remotely control everything from your pedalboard. With Slingshot, the Cabbone can also switch speakers using a MIDI pedalboard controller, sequencer, or another Slingshot equipped device such as the Loopbone or SW2 remote. Just imagine... with one foot stomp - you could switch channels on your amp, turn on a delay and switch speaker cabinets. Now that's performance!
- Toggle between two cabinets using one head
- Time overlap safely performs switching
- Remote or local switching capability
- Available in choice of 100W and 300W models
- Circuit type: Microprocessor control relays
- Max amplifier power to input: Cabbone - 100 Watts RMS
- Switching type: Programmed PIC controlled mechanical relays
- Relay type and capacity: Silver plated contacts - 10 million cycles
- Cabbone - 100 Watt rated
- Switching time: 11.2 milliseconds
- Outputs: Speaker-1, Speaker-2 / Alt-Z Speaker-2
- Slingshot™ implimentation: Slingshot input Slingshot out/thru - latch or pulse (selectable)
- Footswitch: High-cycle heavy-duty Speaker-1/Speaker-2 toggle w/ status LED's
- LED indicators: Large 3mm OD ultra-bright LED's
- Construction: 14 gauge steel, baked enamel finish
- Size: 6.85 x 4.5 x 2.12" (175 x 108 x 54mm)
- Weight: 2.2lb (1.kg)
- Production: Made in Canada
- Power supply: 15VDC 400mA, center pole positive
Please fill out the form below and a Vintage King Audio Consultant will contact you with a ship date for the Radial Engineering Tonebone Cabbone.
When it comes to getting the best gear, your tastes are probably pretty particular. Vintage King can help answer any and every question to help you make the right decisions for your sound. Fill out the form below and we'll be in contact with you shortly.
Free shipping to the lower 48 US states on orders $99 and up. See details.
* Required Fields