Radial Engineering HotShot DM1 Dynamic Microphone Switcher
Dynamic microphone switcher with a momentary toggle footswitch, allowing you to redirect a vocal mic to feed the stage monitoring system and communicate with band members or technicians
The Radial Engineering HotShot DM-1 is a dynamic microphone switcher with a momentary toggle footswitch, allowing an artist on stage to redirect a vocal mic to feed the stage monitoring system and communicate with band members or technicians.
PROFESSIONAL STAGE COMMUNICATION
Designed to address on-stage communication problems for artists who employ in-ear monitoring systems, the HotShot DM-1 is a simple passive footswitch that enables artists on stage to quickly reroute their signal without disrupting the performance. Using the DM-1 is easy - connect any dynamic mic to the input and the send the main XLR output to the mixer, then connect a cable from the second output of the DM-1 to feed a common intercom buss. As soon as you depress the momentary footswitch, the signal going to the main output is muted and redirected to the monitoring system. This allows the musician to discreetly speak with other band members or discuss a technical problem with the crew. As soon as the footswitch is released, the system automatically reverts back to normal operation, allowing the show to continue on as normal.
- Using DM1 for silent communication on stage: Plug your mic into the DM1, connect output-1 to the PA system and output-2 to a separate channel on the monitor desk. When you press & hold the footswitch, the PA system output is muted and the signal goes to the band.
- Using the DM1 as a cough mute: Sometimes you just have to cough! Connect your mic to the DM1 input and output-1 to the audio system. When the urge to cough or mute the system occurs, simply depress and hold the footswitch. Let go to revert back to normal operation.
- Using the DM1 to add effects: A great way to add a special effect to your mic is to use two channels with the first set to normal and the second set with extra effects such as echo or chorus. Just hold the foot switch when you need the effects. Simply depress the momentary footswitch to engage the effects, release to go back to normal.
- Redirects mic signal to communicate with techs
- Allows band members with in-ear monitors to chat between songs
- Momentary switch requires foot action to engage
- Passive design does not require any power to work
Please fill out the form below and a Vintage King Audio Consultant will contact you with a ship date for the Radial Engineering HotShot DM1 Dynamic Microphone Switcher.
When it comes to getting the best gear, your tastes are probably pretty particular. Vintage King can help answer any and every question to help you make the right decisions for your sound. Fill out the form below and we'll be in contact with you shortly.
Free shipping to the lower 48 US states on orders $99 and up. See details.
* Required Fields