Quantec Yardstick 2496 Stereo/Surround Room Simulator
Due to its unobtrusive, natural character and its superb room simulation, the original QRS has become a lot more than just a well-know production tool for pop music. In the fields of classical music production, chamber music, as well as in movie post-production, the QRS is considered to be the Yardstick for all competing products. In other words, whenever a natural sounding ambience is desired, and any kind of artificial reverberation is not, the QRS algorithm has been repeatedly praised by countless sound professionals.
Due to the sophisticated characteristics of the QRS algorithm, any QUANTEC Room Simulator stands out favorably among the competition. But there are quite a few situations where its sonic qualities really shine:
- In the final mix, where it is unobtrusively transparent with virtually no tendency to blur – even with a full dose over the entire set of tracks
- In a multitude of productions in classical music, where any room impression with an artificial smack is undesirable – for stylistic reasons alone
- In the production of movies and radio dramas, where its virtually tangible room illusions simulate real rooms, which – in cramped environments – may actually create a physically unpleasant feeling of pressure
- In movie productions, using its outstanding ambience in spacious effects
- In sound reinforcement and P.A., where those pronounced resonance lines and gaps in the acoustic spectrum of a hall not suited for musical performances can be averaged and smoothed out. As a result, the sound of a general-purpose municipal hall becomes more suitable for music, and the risk of feedback is reduced
- During the musical-improvisatory play with the reverberation onset – or the effervescence of the room
Quantec 2496 Features
- Both high density and low coloration at the same time
- Stunning transparency
- Subsonic option for thunder and earthquake effects
- 2 in / 2 out mode (standard QRS plug-in ≤192kHz)
- 2 in / 6 out mode (standard QRS plug-in ≤96kHz)
- 2 unique phase-insensitive input channels
- Up to 6 separate output channels
- Up to 3 stereo output pairs with 50% correlation (adjustable)
- Up to 8 front panel bargraph level meters
- Low latency <<1ms
- Mute, Bypass, and Solo functions with individual LED-illuminated front panel buttons
- Embedded click test generator
- 14 plus/minus toggles for direct front panel access to parameters
- A total of 27 front panel operating elements
- Up to 15 plug-in banks for software
- Web browser based remote control via Ethernet
- Tiny cool-running unit, 19" 1PU, just 36mm (<1½") deep
- Universal supply (100-240V, 50-60Hz), power consumption <15VA
When it comes to getting the best gear, your tastes are probably pretty particular. Vintage King can help answer any and every question to help you make the right decisions for your sound. Fill out the form below and we'll be in contact with you shortly.
Free shipping to the lower 48 US states on orders $99 and up. See details.
* Required Fields
Please fill out the form below and, when Quantec Yardstick 2496 Stereo/Surround Room Simulator becomes available, a Vintage King Audio Consultant will contact you.