Quantec Yardstick 2493 Analog/Stereo Room Simulator
The Quantec Yardstick 2493 room simulators are high-quality, digital sound processing devices based on the original 1982 QRS Room Simulation algorithm.
Due to its unobtrusive, natural character and its superb room simulation, the original QRS has become a lot more than just a well-know production tool for pop music. In the fields of classical music production, chamber music, as well as in movie post-production, the QRS is considered to be the Yardstick for all competing products. In other words, whenever a natural sounding ambience is desired, and any kind of artificial reverberation is not, the QRS algorithm has been repeatedly praised by countless sound professionals.
Due to the sophisticated characteristics of the QRS algorithm, any QUANTEC Room Simulator stands out favorably among the competition. But there are quite a few situations where its sonic qualities really shine:
- In the final mix, where it is unobtrusively transparent with virtually no tendency to blur – even with a full dose over the entire set of tracks
- In a multitude of productions in classical music, where any room impression with an artificial smack is undesirable – for stylistic reasons alone
- In the production of movies and radio dramas, where its virtually tangible room illusions simulate real rooms, which – in cramped environments – may actually create a physically unpleasant feeling of pressure
- In movie productions, using its outstanding ambience in spacious effects
- In sound reinforcement and P.A., where those pronounced resonance lines and gaps in the acoustic spectrum of a hall not suited for musical performances can be averaged and smoothed out. As a result, the sound of a general-purpose municipal hall becomes more suitable for music, and the risk of feedback is reduced
- During the musical-improvisatory play with the reverberation onset – or the effervescence of the room
Since the sound characteristic of the QRS algorithm – and thus that of Yardstick as well – is quite a bit different when compared to the competition, it inevitably will have a significant influence on the number and types of the available parameters.
Quantec Yardstick 2493 Features
- Both high density and low coloration at the same time
- Stunning transparency
- 2 in / 2 out mode
- 2 unique phase-insensitive input channels
- Up to 2 separate output channels
- Or 1 stereo output pair with 50% correlation (adjustable)
- Up to 4 front panel bargraph level meters
- ADC r.m.s. noise floor: -118 dB FS unweighted (-121 dB FS A-weighted)
- DAC r.m.s. noise floor: -118 dB FS unweighted (-121 dB FS A-weighted)
- Latencies (Ain⇒Aout): 250µs@192kHz / 500µs@96kHz / 1.5ms@48kHz
- Mute, Bypass, and Solo functions from hotkey menu
- Embedded click test generator
- A total of 3 front panel operating elements
- Up to 15 plug-in banks for software
- Web browser based remote control via Ethernet
- USB (preliminary)
- Tiny cool-running unit, no fan, 19" 1PU, just 36mm (<1½") deep
- Universal supply (100-240V, 50-60Hz), power consumption <18VA
Please fill out the form below and a Vintage King Audio Consultant will contact you with a ship date for the Quantec Yardstick 2493 Analog/Stereo Room Simulator.
When it comes to getting the best gear, your tastes are probably pretty particular. Vintage King can help answer any and every question to help you make the right decisions for your sound. Fill out the form below and we'll be in contact with you shortly.
Free shipping to the lower 48 US states on orders $99 and up. See details.
* Required Fields