Pueblo Audio JR2/2-ADR-LIM Dual-Channel Mic Preamp with Peak Limiter
The Pueblo Audio JR-Series is a modular system of highly regarded microphone preamps known for their precise control, effortless sonorities and 3-D sound. The system consists of a central power supply which supports up to four preamp models via 6' DC power cables. One might think of them as a 500-Series system on steroids. As a small, boutique company Pueblo Audio operates without advertising. So it is with pride that, on their very own merits, JR preamps have won recognition from top engineers, studios & musicians!
The Pueblo Audio JR2/2-ADR-LIM variation of the JR2/2 mic preamp has been tailored for the needs of ADR stages. First, Pueblo replace the standard rotary gain switches with high quality potentiometers which move fluidly and are comfortable to the hand. The pot's gain range fits perfectly for riding vocal performances. Pot action does not introduce scrapping or other wiper noise while gain ramps smoothly without sudden, wild jumps at the top of its travel. Shooting extremely quiet talent can be a challenge so +15 dB Gain Boost Switches bring total maximum gain to +75 dB. This allows the capture of the faintest breathes and sighs with vanishingly low noise and great intelligibility. Integrated 35 Hz high pass filters help control low frequency room tones without reaching up into the vocal range. The combo of this HPF with the JR2/2's low self-noise and outstanding EMI/EMF rejection mitigates structural and telecom based intrusions. Mixers have report very successful matching with production sound without fuss or extra work.
In addition to these core features this variation includes a Peak Limiter option. For practical ADR applications a "set it and forget it" approach was taken. The limiter's peak ceiling is adjusted just below the recorder's clipping level. When the signal reaches that ceiling it is held there with low distortion, preventing overload of the recorder's ADC. What is special about this limiter option is that it does not introduce additional circuitry to the signal path. Instead, the preamp's existing gain structure is controlled without loss. This minimal signal path preserves more of the talent's nuances for heightened drama.
2 Channels of Precision Phantom Networks:
- High-current design delivers stiff, zero-sag mic powering (mic performance is king, regardless of preamp used!)
- Clean +50V regulation for each channel provides independent mic operation (like having individual tube-mic supplies)
- Precision-Matched components for maximum balance, noise rejection and signal yield
- HPF Switch transforms the phantom network into a minimum phase, 35 Hz high pass filter without introducing extra circuitry
2 Channels of DC-Coupled Microphone Preamps:
- Impeccable fidelity, resolution and spacial imaging
- Shockingly low apparent noise
- Rotary Gain Potentiometer: +18 dB to +60 dB smooth and noiseless gain range
- Gain Boost Switch adds 15 dB to Main Output for a total max of +75 dB!
- Main Output: Balanced XLR drives any length of cable, punching through difficult loads like a jack-hammer through concrete
- Limiter Option: +16 to +24 dBu peak ceiling range protects recorder from clipping and overload
|Input Connectors||Analog XLR|
|Output Connectors||1/4-inch TRS, Analog XLR|
Please fill out the form below and a Vintage King Audio Consultant will contact you with a ship date for the Pueblo Audio JR2/2-ADR-LIM Dual-Channel Mic Preamp with Peak Limiter.
When it comes to getting the best gear, your tastes are probably pretty particular. Vintage King can help answer any and every question to help you make the right decisions for your sound. Fill out the form below and we'll be in contact with you shortly.
Free shipping to the lower 48 US states on orders $99 and up. See details.
* Required Fields