PreSonus StudioLive AR12c Mixer and Audio Interface
Don’t let the classic analog mixer design fool you — the PreSonus StudioLive AR12c was built to record. With a pristine analog front-end, eight high-gain XMAX mic preamps, and a 14x4 24-bit, 96 kHz, USB-C compatible USB 2.0 audio interface, its hybrid design makes it simple to record studio productions and mix live shows from a single, intuitive console. Add in a musical 3-band analog EQ, mic/line boost for low-level vintage synths and broadcast microphones, all-new digital effects with rich reverbs and lush delays, Bluetooth connectivity, and a stereo SD recorder... and you have a mixing and recording powerhouse that fulfills the needs of both modern musicians and content creators.
A full-featured audio interface
The StudioLive AR12c audio interface operates at up to 96 kHz for high-definition mixing and recording. Record each of the 12 inputs, plus the main mix for even more flexible recording options. Play back up to four streams for monitoring previously recorded tracks—plus a click. Eight lauded XMAX mic preamps provide all the gain you need to capture even the most subtle details without adding any extra noise. The analog mixer front-end makes connecting your gear to your computer intuitive, and creating monitor mixes is quick and easy. With a USB-C compatible connection, your StudioLive AR12c is ready to use as an audio interface for nearly any computer.
The channel that does it all… even Bluetooth connectivity!
The unique Super Channel can handle four stereo sources at once and makes it easy to integrate consumer devices into your studio workflow. Connect a turntable to the RCA inputs, use the ⅛-inch stereo input to plug in your smartphone, or forget the cable and connect it via Bluetooth wireless technology. You can also toggle between a stereo playback stream from your computer and playback from the onboard SD recorder, making it simple to add bumpers and sound effects to your podcast in real-time, or practice along with your favorite recordings.
The all-in-one recording package
The StudioLive AR12c audio interface and analog mixer is tightly integrated with state-of-the-art recording software to help you achieve your creative vision. Create multitrack recordings for your podcast or band with one click thanks to PreSonus’ Capture live recording software. Capture is designed to make recording easy. Create complete studio productions with PreSonus' award-winning Studio One Artist DAW to add effects, bumpers, and more. With two professional recording applications included with your StudioLive AR8c, you’re ready to record right out of the box whether you’re creating a podcast, live streaming your performance, or recording your first EP.
Record whenever and wherever you want
Whether you’re recording a mobile interview for your podcast or you’re in the middle of a songwriting session and want to capture your ideas as quickly as they come to you, the StudioLive AR12c’s stereo SD recorder has you covered. Insert any SD/SDHC card and you’re ready to record your main mix, so you can simplify your recording process whenever you want. Doing mobile interviews for your podcast? Leave the computer at home and record straight to SD.
Effects without latency
Monitoring with reverb and delay helps to create better recordings. Any vocalist or guitarist will tell you that a little reverb makes them feel more at ease while performing. The StudioLive AR12c mixer’s onboard effects processor lets you add high-quality reverb, delay, or chorus to any channel for a professional monitor mix. Like what you hear in your headphones? Record the Main Mix and capture the effects mix, too—with or without the dry channels—to blend with your multitrack recording. Experiment in post-production to your heart's content.
All the connections you need with a familiar look
Packed with all the connections and controls needed to mix and record podcasts, live streams, and music productions, the StudioLive AR12c is the ultimate recording solution. The two mono channels and two stereo channels include a musical three-band EQ, plus one of PreSonus’ famed XMAX high-gain mic preamps. The USB-C compatible connector ensures your StudioLive AR8c audio interface will be the center of your studio for years to come. With high-resolution 96 kHz recording, a full complement of connections, and an instantly familiar workflow, the StudioLive AR8c is the perfect recording and mixing solution for the modern musician and content creator.
- 14x4 24-bit/96 kHz, USB 2.0 (over USB-C connection) audio recording interface
- 2x2 SD recorder to capture the main mix
- 14-channel analog mixer
- 8 balanced microphone inputs with XMAX mic preamps
- 2 insert points
- 2 instrument/line inputs
- 12 balanced line level inputs
- Stereo Super Channel (Ch. 13/14) with Bluetooth 5.0 input, RCA inputs, 1/8-inch stereo input, and switchable SD/USB stereo playback
- 4 mono and 4 stereo channels, each with level knob, pan, mute, PFL solo, highpass filter, and 3-band semi-parametric EQ
- 2 monitor buses with dedicated channel sends, AFL solo, and balanced TRS output
- L/R Control Room outputs with level control
- Headphone output with level control
- Highpass filter on every channel
- 3-band quasi-parametric EQ with sweepable mid-band on each mono channel
- 3-band semi-parametric EQ on each stereo channel
- Stereo effects processor with 16 presets, dedicated send and return, and bypass footswitch jack
- Mic/line boost on stereo channels for low-level input sources and consumer devices
- Sturdy metal construction
- 60 mm faders
- Optional rack-mount kit
- Capture live multitrack recording software
- Studio One Artist recording and production software (DAW)
- Studio Magic plug-in suite
Below are the minimum computer-system requirements for use with Capture and Studio One.
- macOS 10.11 or higher (64-bit only)
- Intel Core 2 Duo processor (Intel Core i3 or faster recommended)
- Windows 7 x64 SP1 + platform update, Windows 8.1 x64, Windows 10 x64
- Intel Core 2 Duo (Intel Core i3 or faster recommended)
- 4 GB RAM (8 GB or more recommended)
- 30 GB hard-drive space (Studio One)
- Internal or external 7200 RPM storage drive highly recommended
- Monitor with 1366x768 resolution (high-dpi monitor recommended)
The minimum system requirements may differ for DAWs other than Studio One. Please check the requirements for your DAW of choice with its manufacturer.
Note that the speed of your processor, amount of RAM and size and speed of your hard drive will greatly affect the overall performance of your recording system. Also, a more powerful system (faster processor with more RAM) will allow for lower latency (signal delay) than you might experience while monitoring audio signals.
|Unit Weight||11.9 lb|
|Input Connectors||1/4-inch TRS, Analog XLR|
|Output Connectors||1/4-inch TRS, Analog XLR, RCA|
|Number of Inputs||14|
|Number of Outputs||4|
Please fill out the form below and a Vintage King Audio Consultant will contact you with a ship date for the PreSonus StudioLive AR12c Mixer and Audio Interface.
When it comes to getting the best gear, your tastes are probably pretty particular. Vintage King can help answer any and every question to help you make the right decisions for your sound. Fill out the form below and we'll be in contact with you shortly.
Free shipping to the lower 48 US states on orders $99 and up. See details.
* Required Fields