Record, produce, compose, mix, master, and perform all from a single, intuitive application. Designed with ease of use at its core, PreSonus Studio One 5 Professional is your creative partner from studio to stage. The Start Page provides what you need to begin your creative process, including a dashboard with all your songs, projects, and shows, plus a personalized user profile that allows you to add custom metadata to all your creations.
Open the Song Page and you’ll find everything you need to record, compose, edit, produce, and mix with a complete set of virtual instruments, effects, groundbreaking arrangement tools, and a new advanced Score View based on PreSonus’ award-winning Notion notation application. Integrate your external instruments with the drag-and-drop ease of a virtual instrument. Next, assemble and master your masterpiece in the Project Page. Projects and Songs are linked, so you know the mix you’re mastering is always up to date.
And when you’re ready to hit the stage, Studio One is right there with you. New in Version 5, the Show Page lets you add backing tracks, virtual instruments, and plug-in effects to your live instruments with an easy-to-use Setlist that lets you sculpt your performance and change your show each night or do a quick edit on the fly when inspiration strikes. The standard for end-to-end production, only Studio One 5 seamlessly moves with you from initial inspiration to full production, final mix to mastered album, digital release to stage production… and lets you truly create without boundaries.
What’s new in Version 5:
- Show Page: Studio One’s new Show Page lets you add backing tracks, virtual instruments, and plug-in racks for live musicians all from a single, intuitive, drag-and-drop interface that can easily receive content directly from any track on the Studio One Song Page
- Score View: Based on award-winning Notion composition and notation software, the new Score View lets you enter, view, and edit notes using standard notation
- Clip Gain Envelopes: The newly-added Clip Gain Envelope is the perfect tool for correcting sections of audio that are either too loud or too soft, without adding a compressor or limiter plug-in
- Melodyne Essential 5 integration: The new Melodyne Essential 5 adds vastly improved vocal editing tools, integrated chord detection and a chord grid
- Redesigned Native Effects plug-in suite: The complete suite of Studio One’s Native Effect plug-ins have a fresh new look and some amazing new features. Several plug-ins—including Analog Delay, Rotor and Tricomp—have been updated with an State Space Modeled drive stage for natural analog saturation
- Extended Mixer Scenes: Capture your entire console state and recall the entire mixer scenes or selectively recall Volume, Pan, Mute, Inserts, Sends, and more on any or every channel
- Aux Channels: A new channel type that allows any external instruments and audio sources to be fed into Studio One’s mixer without the need to create an audio track that clutters your session
- Independent Listen Bus: Use the Listen Bus to provide a control room feed, independent of the main output, with its own level control, AFL/PFL solo option, and insert slots for your favorite room calibration plug-ins
- Key Switches and Note Controllers support: Key switches are now filtered and excluded from any type of playback processing, and Studio One now supports Note Controllers and MIDI Polyphonic Expression
- MTC/MMC Sync: Studio One can now be synced to external hardware devices via MIDI Time Code
- The only DAW that lets you compose, record, produce, mix, master, and perform all from a single, intuitive application
- NEW! Perform live with Studio One! Use your recorded assets to bring your studio sound to the live show; play virtual amps live; sequence and re-arrange your Setlist
- Intuitive single-window work environment with quick and easy drag-and-drop functionality and multi-touch support.
- Unlimited audio and instrument tracks, advanced automation features, virtual instruments, buses, and FX channels
- Console Shaper emulates the sound of an analog console with control over drive, noise, and even true channel crosstalk, thanks to Mix Engine FX’s cross-channel processing
- Chord Track manipulates audio and note data of any or all tracks for Harmonic Editing and song prototyping
- Five powerful virtual instruments including: Impact XT drum sampler; Presence XT virtual sample-player; Mai Tai polyphonic analog modeling synthesizer; Mojito monophonic subtractive synthesizer; and Sample One XT live sampler and sample editor
- Patterns allow for intuitive drum and melody composition via familiar drum machine/step-sequencer style UI
- NEW! Score View for traditional notation
- NEW! Available standalone or as part of the PreSonus Sphere membership