Presonus FireStudio Light Pipe – No Longer Available
Need to record 32 inputs? Directly connect the FireStudio Lightpipe to a digital mixer via ADAT lightpipe to easily add recording to live performances. Or, add up to four DigiMax’s to the FireStudio Lightpipe for a 32-input recording system with 32 class A XMAX microphone preamplifiers all in five rack spaces!
The PreSonus FireStudio Lightpipe is a 32 input, 32 output, 24-bit/96k lightpipe to FireWire computer recording system for professional-quality digital audio recording. Compatible with both Windows and Macintosh computer systems, the FireStudio Lightpipe allows you to convert up to 32 channels of ADAT or SMUX optical lightpipe input/output via FireWire providing a multi-channel computer interface for digital mixers, AD/DA converters or ADAT recorders. FireStudio Lightpipe features JetPLL™ jitter elimination technology for ultra tight synchronization and improved imaging and clarity along with a 34x4 DSP matrix mixer allowing you to create dual zero-latency stereo monitor mixes. Fast-acting input LED meters are located on the front panel for quick and easy visual monitoring of all signals. The FireStudio Lightpipe is the perfect interface for expanding and enhancing your music production!
The FireStudio Lightpipe is bundled with PreSonus Studio One Artist, our groundbreaking music creation program, and over 4 GB of virtual instruments, plug-ins, loops, and samples to get you started making music immediately.
All members of the FireStudio family of interfaces, including the StudioLive 16.4.2 mixer, come bundled with Universal Control software. Universal Control is a powerful, flexible, and easy to use control-panel application that allows you to daisy-chain to up to 4 FireStudio-family devices for a maximum of up to 52 inputs and outputs.
Universal Control consists of the Launch window and the Device window. In the Launch window, you can set the sample rate, clock source, safe mode, buffer size (PC only), and WDM routing (PC only) for all connected FireStudio-series interfaces. Each device is listed at the bottom of the window, along with Device Window buttons that open each interface’s Device window.
The Device window provides level and routing controls for each FireStudio-series interface’s internal mixer, enabling you to set up zero-latency monitor mixes. Input and output metering have been optimized for ultra-fast screen display and minimum CPU usage, and you can give each interface a custom name. You can use any device in the chain as the master clock source, or you can slave the entire chain to an external digital device using any of the available digital inputs in the chain.
Tight synchronization between the FireWire chipset and the computer are essential for clarity and stabilization. The FireStudio Lightpipe uses patented JetPLL™ jitter reduction technology to virtually remove all audio band jitter resulting in better stereo separation and clearer more transparent audio. JetPLL™ delivers ultra-fast locking to any digital format through a wide range of frequencies and is extremely robust and tolerant of wide variations in clock frequencies. JetPLL™ ensures near perfect clock performance when networking audio devices, thus creating the most stable and robust synchronization to the computer.
Studio One Artist--Plus Gigabytes of Creative Resources
The FireStudio Lightpipe is bundled with an exceptional software package, featuring PreSonus Studio One Artist, the amazing new DAW software for Mac OS X and Windows XP and Vista that makes producing high-quality projects easier than ever before. As part of the Studio One Artist package, you get 20 new PreSonus Native Effects plug-ins and virtual instruments and a generous bundle of third-party loops, software, and instrument sounds.
Compare Studio One Artist and bundled extras to what comes with competing mobile interfaces:
- All-meat, no-bloat, music-creation software with an intuitive, practical, single-window interface
- Unlimited tracks, insert effects, sends, virtual instruments, buses, and effects channels
- Powerful drag-and-drop functionality
- Content browser with convenient sort options and preview player
- Full-featured, flexible automation
- Powerful real-time auto/manual time-stretching and resampling engine
- Control Link™ (advanced MIDI mapping made easy)
- Twenty 32-bit Native Sound™ plug-ins, including reverbs, amp modeling, and EQ
- Four new virtual instruments, including a sampler and an analog-type subtractive synth
- Ability to control the software mixer in any FireStudio-series interface to create zero-latency cue mixes.
- Gigabytes of third-party resources, including Native Instruments™ Kore™ Player with custom SoundPack (150 instruments), Native Instruments™ Guitar Rig LE, Toontrack™ EZDrummer Lite, and over 1.4 GB of loops!
- 24-bit/96K FireWire (IEEE 1394) interface
- 32 simultaneous record/playback channels
- Word Clock I/O
- MIDI I/O
- JetPLL™ – jitter-elimination technology
- Balanced TRS Stereo main outputs with volume control
- Headphone amplifier with volume control
- Dual SMUX for 16 channels input/output at 96K
- Fast-acting LED input metering
- Zero-latency monitoring
- Universal Control control-panel software
- Windows- (32- and 64-bit) and Macintosh-compatible
- Works with Logic, Cubase, Nuendo, Sonar and many others
- FREE PreSonus Studio One Artist recording and production software
Please fill out the form below and a Vintage King Audio Consultant will contact you with a ship date for the Presonus FireStudio Light Pipe.
When it comes to getting the best gear, your tastes are probably pretty particular. Vintage King can help answer any and every question to help you make the right decisions for your sound. Fill out the form below and we'll be in contact with you shortly.
Free shipping to the lower 48 US states on orders $99 and up. See details.
* Required Fields