Capture your ideas wherever you are with the PreSonus AudioBox USB
2x2 USB recording system. The AudioBox USB is a USB bus-powered audio recording interface featuring 2 microphone/instrument inputs with 48V phantom power, 2 balanced TRS outputs, and MIDI in/out.
The AudioBox USB is bundled with PreSonus Studio One Artist, our groundbreaking music creation program, and over 4 GB of virtual instruments, plug-ins, loops, and samples to get you started making music immediately.Pedigree Pre Amplifiers
PreSonus Audio has won numerous awards for designing the highest quality microphone preamplifiers in the industry at all price levels. The AudioBox USB is loaded with preamps that out perform any USB-based interface hands down. The preamplifiers in the AudioBox deliver high headroom, low noise and high gain giving you pure, full and rich sound.
Professional 24-Bit Conversion
Most USB recording devices operate at 16-bit sample rate and use converters with dynamic range of less than 90dB. This translates into a pinched and relatively small sound. The AudioBox USB uses professional-grade analog to digital converters with dynamic range of 102dB and 24-bit sample rate so that the digital conversion is big, USB Buss Powered
The AudioBox USB is USB bus-powered allowing you to take it anywhere inspiration hits. No wall warts, line lumps or power cables, just plug in to a powered USB port and you are ready to record.
Ready to Hit the Road
There’s no plastic here. The AudioBox USB is housed in an all-metal chassis with metal knobs ready to withstand the rigors of travel. Toss it in your laptop bag and mobilize your music creation and production. Whether you want to record your shows, mix on the plane or write songs in your hotel room, the AudioBox is ready.Studio One Artist—Plus Gigabytes of Creative Resources
The AudioBox USB is bundled with an exceptional software package, featuring PreSonus Studio One Artist, the amazing new DAW software for Mac OS X and Windows XP and Vista that makes producing high-quality projects easier than ever before. As part of the Studio One Artist package, you get 20 new PreSonus Native Effects plug-ins and virtual instruments and a generous bundle of third-party loops, software, and instrument sounds.
Compare Studio One Artist and bundled extras to what comes with competing mobile interfaces:
- All-meat, no-bloat, music-creation software with an intuitive, practical, single-window interface
- Unlimited tracks, insert effects, sends, virtual instruments, buses, and effects channels
- Powerful drag-and-drop functionality
- Content browser with convenient sort options and preview player
- Full-featured, flexible automation
- Powerful real-time auto/manual time-stretching and resampling engine
- Control Link™ (advanced MIDI mapping made easy)
- Twenty 32-bit Native Sound™ plug-ins, including reverbs, amp modeling, and EQ
- Four new virtual instruments, including a sampler and an analog-type subtractive synth
- Ability to control the software mixer in any FireStudio-series interface to create zero-latency cue mixes.
- Gigabytes of third-party resources, including Native Instruments™ Kore™ Player with custom SoundPack (150 instruments), Native Instruments™ Guitar Rig LE, Toontrack™ EZDrummer Lite, and over 1.4 GB of loops!
Presonus Conjures Studio Magic
Registered owners of any currently available PreSonus® audio interface or mixer are receiving a free bonus: the Studio Magic Plug-in Suite for Mac® and Windows®. The software bundle includes seven popular plug-ins in VST, AU, and AAX formats. Currently eligible interfaces and mixers include the PreSonus AudioBox USB, AudioBox i-series, and Studio-series interfaces and StudioLive Series III, StudioLive AR USB, and StudioLive RML-series mixers. The software will be automatically added to registered users’ online My PreSonus accounts and can be downloaded at any time.
- SPL Attacker is a micro-plug-in that employs the same Differential Envelope processing technique as SPL’s famed Transient Designer. Using SPL Attacker, all attack events can be amplified, regardless of their signal level. By focusing on the initial transient instead of specific frequencies, SPL Attacker amplifies just the attack curves of a sound event. This allows instruments to be mixed at lower levels, which opens up space in the mix, while the relationship between tracks is preserved.
- Mäag Audio EQ2 delivers the sound of the Mäag Audio EQ2 two-band hardware equalizer. Mäag Audio’s EQ design allows for exceptionally low phase shift across all EQ adjustments, which helps maintain the integrity of your mix’s original sound while enhancing the very high “air” frequencies. An input attenuator lets you normalize levels before applying EQ.
- Lexicon’s MPX-i Reverb delivers seven classic Lexicon plate, hall, chamber, and room reverbs. A streamlined interface and 100 versatile, finely crafted presets enable you to quickly get the sound you want. Input and output metering let you monitor levels at a glance.
- The Eventide H910 plug-in is a faithful re-creation of the classic H910 Harmonizer, which offered unique combinations of pitch shifting, modulation, and delay. Use pitch changing to create specific musical intervals and perfect harmonies, spread guitars, fatten snares, apply subtle organic detuning to synths, and add slap-back delays to vocals.
- The Eventide 2016 Stereo Room, delivers a natural, yet distinctive-sounding reverb that can be lush or subtle. Derived from Eventide’s SP2016 hardware processor, its simple, intuitive controls allow you to fine tune your virtual space, from a dark hallway to a bright studio vocal room. Use multiple instances to bring out the character of different parts of a track.
- The Brainworx bx_opto compressor combines the best aspects and anomalies from several legendary, light-dependent compressor circuits. The result is a powerful dynamics processor, teeming with character and delivering sounds that can’t be achieved with analog optical compressors.
- Arturia’s Analog Lab Lite, is a “Greatest Hits” collection of physically modeled classic analog synths, organs, string machines, and pianos from Arturia’s V-Collection of virtual instruments. Enjoy models of iconic instruments from Oberheim, Roland, Sequential Circuits, ARP, Hammond, Fender, Wurlitzer, Moog, and Vox.