Phoenix Audio DRS-Q4 MKII Microphone Preamp/EQ with DI
The Phoenix Audio DRS-Q4 MKII is a 4-band, gyratory-based EQ with 11 selectable frequencies, and Mic, Line and DI inputs. The DRS-Q4 MKII is result of Phoenix's more than 25 years experience in audio engineering. Although it features today’s component and manufacturing technology, it still retains “that sound” uniquely achievable through Class A design. Phoenix Audio is dedicated to the development of Class A discrete technology used within high build-quality equipment. The DRS-Q4 mk2 uses the well proven and loved Class A output stage (DSOP-2) coupled with the custom wound output transformer, but also has the latest breakthrough in transformerless Class A, discrete, truly-balanced Mic Input Technology which gives it a distinctly “valve-like” sound. It also incorporates Phoenix's high-input impedance DI circuitry.
- 1U unit: With 240 V/110 V mains voltage input selector switch
- Class A (DSOP-2) Output specs
- Frequency response: 20 Hz to 20 kHz ±0.5 dB
- Maximum Output Level: +26 dBu @ 1 kHz
- Noise: -90 dB @ 20 Hz to 20 kHz
- Output connections: XLR and TSR 1/4″ jack on rear
- Phoenix Audio’s unique Class A, transformerless, true balanced Mic input stage
- Phoenix Audio’s custom wound output transformer
- Microphone/Line input: XLR on rear panel
- DI inputs: ¼” TSR Jack on front panel
- Individual Earth Lift: Push-button switches
- Gain Range (Mic input): -30 to -70 in 5 dB steps with 10 dB more available on the fader
- Gain reduction: -30 dB push-button Mic/Line switch (Mic input)
- High Input Impedance DI: Mono 1/4″ jack on front panel (no FETs)
- Gain Meter: LED metering (Green= 0 dB, Yellow= +8 dB, corresponding to “4” and “6” on a PPM Meter)
- Phantom Power: Switchable phantom on push-button switch
- High Pass Filter: Roll-off starts at 120 Hz @ 12 dB per octave
- Phase Reverse: Push-button switch
- Frequency Response Mic Input Stage: -0.4 dB @ 40 Hz, -0.3 dB @ 25 kHz
- Frequency Response DI Input Stage: -0.3 dB @ 40 Hz, –0.5 dB @ 25 kHz
- Typical Headroom: +24 dB on mic-pre stage
- Gyratory-based EQ Frequency Centers: (4 Bands) High – 15 K, 10 K, Hi Mid 6K, 3K, 1K6, Low Mid – 800 Hz, 400 Hz, 200 Hz, Low – 130 Hz, 80 Hz, 40 Hz
- EQ Cut/Boost Levels: 16 dB cut/boost per band with fully detented pots in 21 positions
- DI Stage gain: Maximum of 20 dB
- All units are wired with PTFE silver military grade cable
|Tube or Solid State||Solid State|
These are great preamp's, a reminiscent of a 1073 with more bump in the mids. The EQ's sound fantastic I end up using them for tracking and mixing an overall excellent investment
So far so good. Pre sounds great, whether run clean or pushed. Pushed remains quite musical, even used it for some heavy overdrive last night to get some harmonic distortion to sit under some tracks in a mix. The EQ works well even at extreme boosts and cuts. Its not mind-blowing, but definitely quite serviceable on most sources. I've been trying to shape more and more with EQ on the way in, so that was a big reason I bought this unit. Definitely lots of headroom, and definitely a noticeable noise floor, as per other reviews I'd read. My vintage AKG 414-eb and my Shure SM7b both sound great through it - open and broad-sounding. Looking forward to putting it to work on some drum sessions soon.
Great Neve style preamp with very musical eq!
Channel 2 was not working... I had to open the unit and there was loose stuff inside the unit. Problem fixed, the unity is working fine and I am very happy with the sound!
* Required Fields
Please fill out the form below and a Vintage King Audio Consultant will contact you with a ship date for the Phoenix Audio DRS-Q4 MKII Microphone Preamp/EQ with DI.
When it comes to getting the best gear, your tastes are probably pretty particular. Vintage King can help answer any and every question to help you make the right decisions for your sound. Fill out the form below and we'll be in contact with you shortly.
Free shipping to the lower 48 US states on orders $99 and up. See details.
* Required Fields