Phoenix Audio DRS-2 – No Longer Available
The Phoenix Audio DRS-2 Mic-Pre/DI uses our well proven and loved Class A output stage (DSOP-2), but also has our latest breakthrough in transformerless Class A, Discrete Mic Input Technology which gives a "valve-like" sound. It also incorporates our high input impedance DI circuitry.
The DRS-2 is the culmination of over 40 years experience designing Class A circuitry within the Audio Recording Industry.
The DRS-2 was the first bespoke product to be launched by Phoenix Audio (UK) in the U.K. in November 1999, and has enjoyed an almost “cult” following ever since. The Class A output stage (TF1) was originally designed by David Rees, the designer of the famous Neve 2253 Limiter and 2254 Limiter/compressor (amongst many other designs), as a retrofit for Neve modules, and the TF1 has now been superseded by the DSOP2 output stage
The Class A, discrete, truly balanced, transformerless microphone input stage was designed to out-perform any transformer input for frequency response, yet has all the characteristics expected in a high quality Class A design, while the discrete, Class A, high input-impedance DI stage delivers a clearer, stronger and more defined and open sound that captures all the nuances and subtleties of your instrument.
- Stereo 1U unit: With 240V/110V mains voltage input selector switch
- Class A Output specs. See our DSOP2 Specifications!!
- Outputs: XLR's and TSR 1/4" Jack on rear
- Phoenix Audio’s unique Class A, transformerless, True balanced Mic input stage.
- Microphone inputs: XLR's on Front and Rear Panels
- Individual Earth Lift: Push-button switches
- Gain Range (Mic input): -30 to -70 in 5dB steps With 10dB more available on the fader
- Gain reduction: -30dB push-button Mic/Line switch (Mic input)
- High Input Impedance DI: Mono 1/4" Jack on front panel
- Gain Meter: LED Metering
- Phantom Power: Switchable 48V phantom on Push-button Switches
- High Pass Filter: on Push-button Switch
- Phase Reverse: on Push-button Switch
- Frequency Response Mic Input Stage: -0.4dB @ 40Hz, -0.3dB @ 25kHz
- Frequency Response: DI Input Stage: -0.3dB @ 40Hz, - 0.5dB @ 25kHz
- Typical Headroom: +24dB on Mic-Pre stage
- DI Stage gain: Maximum of 20dB
|Tube or Solid State||Solid State|
When it comes to getting the best gear, your tastes are probably pretty particular. Vintage King can help answer any and every question to help you make the right decisions for your sound. Fill out the form below and we'll be in contact with you shortly.
Free shipping to the lower 48 US states on orders $99 and up. See details.
* Required Fields
Please fill out the form below and, when Phoenix Audio DRS-2 becomes available, a Vintage King Audio Consultant will contact you.