To inquire if this item is available in one of our stores, please call 888.653.1184 or chat with us.
Peach Audio Savannah 196sx Stereo Tube Preamp
The Peach Audio Savannah 196sx is a modern stereo tube preamp with a truly vintage sound. The 196sx features a third-generation Class A vacuum tube design that combines lighting-fast transient response with an ultra-wide dynamic range for class-leading detail and precision. And with versatile controls for impedance, multiple transformer options, and mid/side processing capabilities, the 196sx offers unparalleled control over your sound.
The Peach Audio 196sx features an intuitive interface for quickly dialing in an array of high-fidelity sounds. Choose from line-level, mic-level, or phantom-enabled inputs using the source knob. The “option” setting offers transformer balanced I/O for additional interfaces—perfect for re-amping guitars.
The attenuation controls offer up to 24 dB of gain reduction in 8 dB steps so you can easily find the sweet spot on any mic. The impedance controls offer four settings, optimized for high and low impedance for both 50Ω and 200Ω microphones. Rotating the switch clockwise produces an apparent increase in gain and body. You don’t have to know the tech specs of your mic to find a setting that sounds great.
The Peach Audio 196sx offers two output options with distinctly different sounds. The XFMR transformer balanced output features all of the color and character of classic analog audio preamps. While the OTL transformerless unbalanced output provides a more neutral, clean tone. In addition to a traditional stereo output, the 196sx also features an M/S setting for mid/side processing using an innovative output transformer matrix.
SILKY SMOOTH FILTERING
In addition to mastering-grade controls for input gain and output gain, the Peach Audio 196sx is equipped with two pristine-sounding filters. Filter out unwanted bass frequencies using the high-pass filter, which offers a gentle 6 dB/octave cut at 20 Hz, 40 Hz, 60 Hz, 80 Hz or 120 Hz. Soften harsh recordings or give your tracks the lo-fi feel with a low-pass filter, which offers a smooth 6 dB/octave cut at 4 kHz, 8 kHz or 16 kHz. Add a little sparkle or shine to vocals, acoustic instruments and more using the e1 setting to boost a 6 dB shelf at 16 kHz, or the e2 setting for a 9 dB boost.
- Input gain: +18 dB to +62 dB of input gain in 4 dB steps
- Low pass filter: 6 dB/octave cut @ 4 kHz, 8 kHz, 16 kHz, e1 6 dB boost @ 16 kHz, e2 9 dB boost @ 16 kHz
- High pass filter: 6 dB/octave cut @ 20 Hz, 40 Hz, 60 Hz, 80 Hz, 120 Hz
- Output gain: 11 dB of output attenuation in 1 dB steps
- Source: mic, mic +48 V @ 50 mA, line – all XLR transformer balanced option provides I/O access for additional interfaces
- Attenuation: 24 dB of input attenuation in 8 dB steps
- Impedance: four input impedances to provide optimum loading for both 50Ω and 200Ω microphones
- Instrument: 4.7MΩ unbalanced instrument input (using mono plug), also provides a post-input transformer, instrument level insert point for effects pedals, re-amping etc. (using stereo to dual mono cable)
- VU meters: +4 dBu, +14 dBu, +24 dBu selectable reference levels mute mutes audio at output, VU meters remain operational
- Polarity: 0°, 180° reverses output polarity relative to input
- XFMR: transformer balanced output (pin 2 hot) maximum output level +18 dBu min load 600Ω
- OTL: transformerless unbalanced output (pin 2 hot) maximum output level +26 dBu min load 10kΩ
- A/B: two independent class a vacuum tube preamplifiers
- M/S: mid/side encoded stereo output using an output transformer matrix
- Frequency response: 10 Hz to 30 kHz ±0.5 dB
- EIN: –125 dBu a-weighted, source impedance 150Ω, all filters flat
- THD: 0.07% @ 18 dB gain, 1 kHz
- Mains input: selectable from rear panel 120 V and 240 V (50 - 60 Hz)
- Dimensions: width 483 mm, depth 430 mm, height 90 mm (2RU), weight 11 kg
- Designed and hand-built in Sydney, Australia
|Unit Weight||24.3 lb|
|Tube or Solid State||Tube|
Please fill out the form below and a Vintage King Audio Consultant will contact you with a ship date for the Peach Audio Savannah 196sx Stereo Tube Preamp.
When it comes to getting the best gear, your tastes are probably pretty particular. Vintage King can help answer any and every question to help you make the right decisions for your sound. Fill out the form below and we'll be in contact with you shortly.
Free shipping to the lower 48 US states on orders $99 and up. See details.
* Required Fields